Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hospital Visit

Hi Family!
I have a sinus infection! Yayyyyyy (= It literally is awful, but I got some things from the farmacia that are suppose to help so I'll be okay.  (Don't buy your tickets out here just yet, Mom) 

We had to go to the hospital and it is so SKETCHY!  You just walk in and it's super hot and there are sick people everywhere.  No one cares what you're doing there and you don't have to check in.  We went in the elevator and this man comes rushing in with his daughter on his back, and her arm is in an "S" shape --like so scary-- and he was yelling at us in Italian.   

Then while we were visiting a lady in our ward who had surgery (you didn't think I  had to go to the hospital did you? hehe),  the lady next to her ran out of oxygen and literally was on the verge of death.  It was just the craziest thing I've ever EVER seen.  My mind is still blown. 

shark week
That video of Krew saying, "shark week"? so cute... 


I thought it was funny because we were at a lesson with this huge African man from the Ivory Coast who is missing his thumbs and like half his head (SUPER nice guy, just looks kinda scary) was talking to us about the Ivory Coast and somehow we got talking about sharks blah blah blah then I was thinking, "Hmm, I bet shark week is coming up.."  I WAS RIGHT! 


wedded bliss (missed)
Let's talking about ZOE and how she is literally such a beautiful bride.. thiisss is whhhyyyy I love her so much.
Mr. and Mrs. Bleak

pordenone
Lightning storms are sooo real here in Italy.  I took a super cool video.

Also one of our members said he found me on Facebook then pulled out his ipad and showed me (it was weird), but hey Mom you're doing such a good job.  Nice touch on the cover photo of Pordenone.  

The membri really liked it, hahah.  That picture is literally right down the street from my apartment.  I live on the same street as the San Giorgio chiesa.  It has a super tall tower with a green world thing on top (you can see it from google maps I would think). 



Oh exciting news.. so we got a call from the office this week and they told us to start looking for another apartment in Pordenone!!  "It's kinda urgent" they said... That most definitely means they're going to send elders here next transfer.. weirrdd 

I'm excited for my pacckkaagggeee.. whats in it? >=)

Also when dad was talking about Brother Palmer and scout camp, I remembered that there is a lady here in my ward who is related to them:  Austin Collins.  She is SO CUTE.  Did I already tell you that?  I love her so so much, and I think she likes me back, ahhaha.  But don't get the pictures from her phone because they are embarrassing.  

The plus side of being sick:  I lost 10 pounds! Yay! and bought a new dress at the market to celebrate!  IT WAS ON SALE - don't worry. 

OH YEAH! I got mom a present today and I knooowwww she's gonna like it.  I'm gonna try to send it today.  Let's hope it gets to you, haha.  I also bought one for me and my future house, so just pick the one you like the most and save the other one for me. ok? ok. 

Well I don't have too much time.  I'm feeling better.  I love you all.  I miss you all.  Everyone in Pordenone is doing well secondo (according to) me.  The work is moving forward.  

It's really, really hot here.  Every one of our investigators is leaving the city for the month of August and going to Calgari perché è troppo caldo qui per agosto (because it is too hot here in August).  Stoked about it, not really... baci baci 

With love from PD.  I'm on drugs that aren't allowed in America, 
Sorella Paige O'Connor

(Email Sent - July 31, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment