Thursday, August 22, 2013

Chatting it Up

It was so fun chatting with "the girls".  Let's do this again sometime!  (Kaitlin, Paige and I were emailing at the same time - that's never happened before)

month five
Well on Tuesday we hit Month 5!  Crazy, right? 

I was thinking about it as I was reading in the Bible (caution: I'm about to sound super weird).  

I was reading about Jacob going out to find a wife and he finds Rachel, and they fall in love and Jacob makes a deal with Rachel's father that he will work 7 years so that he can marry her.   Then there's a verse that says, 


(Genesis 29:20)


 I thought that was so cute!  and although I have never been in love, I know how it feels to have time pass so quickly... because the past 5 months have gone by so quickly, seriously. 

baci por la nonna
Anyway, so we were in a lesson with Emanuele (you know that big guy from the Ivory Coast) and we were talking about families, so I start showing him my family pictures and he takes the picture of me, Grandma and Kaitlin at the Huntington Gardens and says, "Noooonnnnaaaaaaa!!" (grandma) then proceeds to kiss the picture of Grandma.  


It was super weird but I laughed, then he realized that it's probably kinda weird that he did that and asked me if it was okay that he kissed it.  I was just like, "Yeah, perche no."   But now every time we see him he asks how Nonna is and he calls her his amica (friend).  So tell that to Grandma and let me know about her reaction...I can't quite imagine how she would take it.  

Also he called Dad' "Pappa Connors"  suupperr loud.  Italians cant quite get the O and always add an "s" to the end of my name.  It's fine-- kind of endearing.

not a planner
I wrote down in my planner all the things I wanted to say but I forgot my planner. (I know.  I'm a realllyyy bad missionary, who forgets her planner.)

Hey, way to go Dad on your last Commencement speech.  That's prettyy cool! 

mmmm... better not
I've been thinking alot about Katelyn Kerr this week and I'm so happy for her and also so sad I can't be there. bitter sweet.  I thought about drinking sketchy water so I could be there but, then decided... mmmm better not.   (because she would get really sick and get sent back home....)

Katelyn and Terrance (getting married on Saturday!!)

Have you seen Natalie yet?

Also I got my package! and I lovveee the bike shorts and the shirt--I've been trying not to wear it and savveee it for next Thursday (her birthday) but it's realllyyy hard.. and you got my favorite chapstick<3 

(Ikat pattern with BIKES! 
for a missionary... get it?... cause she rides bikes...
no, seriously, it's cute....  I had no choice)

We are probs going to Venice next pday so that will be wayy fun.

Also it's weird Scott is so old. & if he got my letter whhyy hasn't he emailed me? I WROTE my email address on the back. 
Scott reading Paige's letter


& I am surprised the package got to you because I put like a fourth of the postage I was supposed to (is that dishonest?) ooppss
Missionary Mail Call

Also, as we are talking about love... have you seen the talk "The Power of God's Love" sooo good. 



(I told her that her emails cheered me up)  Why have you been glum?  You have noo excuse because you live in America.  I was thinking for my homecoming talk hymn I want evveryyonne to sing, "God Bless America."  It's in the hymn book.



(Email Sent - August 21, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment