Saturday, August 17, 2013

O Sole Mio



THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!  It was literally everything I needed and more.  Mom, you are sooooooo good. The Brian Kershisnik print is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. (I bought her a framed print of one of her favorite artists for her birthday and sent a small copy of it to her.)  

"She Will Find What is Lost"
by Brian Kershisnik

Who knew you could have spiritual experiences looking at a photo?  I cried & I am so happy.  I hung it above my studys.  I'm obsessed--it's perfect. ahhh. 


Also, those coconut almonds are realllyy good, hahah.

And I thought it was funny because Sister Hunter got her package the same day and she got like 30 shirts from DownEast and was saying how her mom spent 3 days putting her package together, and I was just likkee yeaahh my mom probably spent three days putting my music together. (she's right - she knows me so well.) YOU DID SO GOOD!!!  (Like Crazy, Bright Star, & We Bought a Zoo.. stop it.)  

Also we got letters at the zone training! so I got Dad's letter and postcard from Hawaii and Scott's really cute letter.  (Everyone in the zone got a kick out of that & Natalie's blog letter)  It was a really good week from home. so perfect. 

Another side note.. those salt and vinegar packets are really good. (Thank you, Carla)

This week was good.  It's been super hot, but then we will have these rain storms out of nowhere. It's weird but also really nice.  

So this week after reading Nat's email about the OYM's (open your mouth), we decided we were gonna do that.  
Natalie (center) with her companions
serving in California Riverside Mission
(Paige's mission area at home)

So we are starting at 20 a day then on Saturday we are going to do 100.  Stoked on ittt! It's actually really fun because Sorella Astel is suuppeerrrr competitive (like Bergquist boy status times 10), so she gets really pumped hahaha. 

This week I did some things I'm not very proud of...but we are not gonna talk about it hahah  (I wouldn't be too alarmed.  Knowing Paige, this is probably something serious like eating a whole bag of chips or having gelato twice in one day.)

I'm getting eaten alive by bugs. I don't know if I'm going to recover. 


This is a bug I killed in our apartment.  Those are maggots coming from INSIDE it.


Also I love the Book of Mormon.  IT IS SO COOL. (Yeah, I'm that weird sister missionary now.) 

Apparently I have this talent for cutting fruit and so the anziani in our district brought a watermelon to district meeting and made me cut it up for them, so that's something new.  I'll have to show you sometime, hahah. 

Because it's August, everyone has left and all of the stores are closed.  This internet cafe was the only one open and it closes tomorrow!  I hate that. 

Also my companion keeps having dreams that I make her break the Word of Wisdom.  I'm concerned.  But really, whhaat does that mean?!  (fast forward to email "Happy Birthday to Me" August 28th)
Self-Timer picture fail - (Paige and her companion are in the dark)
but you can see the view from their balcony

Mom, so are so tiny (standing next to her brother in a pic...). and your hair is really pretty:) I miss having American hair. 

& Thanks for the birthday money Dad!  It's hard shopping in Italy because I love everything.  Mom, my favorite stores in centro are Max&Mara and Birbas Donna.  I'm pretty sure they are super expensive cause you gave me that taste for nice things & now I'm ruined.  But see if they have internet shops--I know Max&Mara does.. you'll like it. 

Let me know when you get the package I sent home. (IF you get it.  I'm not sure I put the right postage on it) Okay, I know I didn't, but let's pray for a miracle! 

It's weird that school is starting!  Seriously, it's been the fastest summer. 

Well I don't know what else to say other than I love you and I miss you!!! 

Sorella Paige O'Connor

(Email Sent - August 14, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment