Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bridesmaids

This week was so happy.  Our numbers suffered so badly but.... it's ok!  (just let her..) 


The wedding itself was great and everything flowed seamlessly(=  Just everything beforehand was nuts. literally. 

hair and makeup
Maru told us to come to her house at 7:30 am because she was getting her hair done at a salon at 8:00 (meno male because we do not do hair) and she wanted to have a clear mind that we would be at her house by the time she was done because she didn't know how long it would take... 

The wedding was scheduled for 11:00 and Mariuxi doesn't come back until 10:45.... without makeup and no dress.. 

The photographers are there and the car....  So I'm freaking out and the pressure is on.  Good thing she made us come over 5 times that week to do a prova, because if not it would have taken me ages.  

But I got it done in like 15 minutes. She had bought fake eyelashes with BLACK GLUE!  Thanks to my cheer days I'm pretty good at putting on fake lashes.  


But we always used clear glue because if you mess up it's fine and you just try again.. So I'm over here praying so so hard with a shaky hand putting on fake eyelashes with black glue on a bride who is 20 minutes late to her wedding and if I mess up we have to start all over.. 



I know I'm sounding so so dramatic, but it was a big deal. 

god always answers
But after not breathing for 45 seconds, it actually turned out good because God always answers my prayers. 

By this time its 11:30 and Mariuxi is putting her dress on and Sorella Sorgy is calling us like crazy to get there.  We get in the car of her friend and I'm trying to give her directions.. (I'm always on bike so it's kind of rusty) and we end up getting there AFTER Mariuxi shows up.. so she's waiting outside for us because Sorella Killpack is playing the piano for when she walks down the aisle.. 

We're running and tripping over ourselves to get out of the car and Fratello Alaimo yells at Sorella Killpack and asks her if she can play the ORGAN instead.. and she said yes. 

Sorella Killpack has never played the organ before, but she gets up there and plays it flawlessly. Seriously I'm sitting there praying so hard that she doesn't mess up... and it went so well. 

The rest of the day was beautiful and so much fun... we danced and got on the good side of sooo many members and I don't regret it.








 I love Prince Royce (latino singer) hahahah 



month of invites
And then on Sunday it was Fast and Testimony meeting and before the meeting started.. Bishop announced the month of invites.. (the members are encouraged to invite the less-actives and their friends to come to church with them).  Do we do that in America? and after that literally EVERY person bore their testimony on missionary work and the missionaries. 

We got a couple of shout outs and a couple of tears were shed. I love this ward so much. They do everything right, and I'm just working so hard to match up. 

heaven sent 
& after that we ate lunch with the Di Liberto's (I'm tellling you... lunch with the Di Libertos is always heaven sent) and we had lasagna and just chit chatted about sweet nothings where I can't describe how happy their family makes me.. 





Well it was a happy week in Muggiò & I'm happy to be here.

xoxo Paige
(Email Sent - June 4, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment