Friday, June 13, 2014

Sweat and Scambios

Good Morning everyone! 

This week was good!  I learned so much.. 

I'm trying to think of all the good things that happened because I forgot my planner #yolo

broadcast
Stake conference was literally the best.  I watched the same one as Kait, and it was so good. 

Anziano Texiera is the sweetest & reminds me of Dad.  He comes to Milano sometimes and trains us, so it was fun to see him.  


Elder and Sister Texiera with the assistants and Pres. and Sister Dibb

Sorella Reeves told a funny story about driving in Switzerland and seeing a helicopter with a rope hanging down and then when the trees cleared, saw it was transporting a COW...  

standard Swiss cow rescue


Neil L Anderson was a mission president in Europe, which I didn't know.  He was so good.. he talked about the difference between Brasil and Europe. intense.  He said, "Europe doesn't have more or fewer difficulties.. we just have our challenges."  So that was great because sometimes I get down about not being a missionary in the Americas. 

Sister and President Uchtdorf with Elder Anderson

Sister Uchtdorf is the cutest because they held the conference at the stake center in Switzerland right next to the temple.. and she was married in that temple so she talked about that.  She's just a sweetheart with her little German accent. and Presidente Uchtdorf laid it down and it was so fun to be a part of the whole experience.  

It's like these are my people or something. 

Leaders with the members at the Swiss conference

It was good also because all our members did a temple trip that weekend.  It's like a two-hour car ride. and they brought us back chocolates like they always do.. yolo right?  I just loved it. 

scambio
& then we went on SCAMBIO this week which was so fun because I got to go to Pavia for a sleepover with Sorella McCann.  




Sorella McCann with Kaitlin at the Provo Temple (MTC)

Finally companions for one day!  

It was so fun but also miserable because it's so hot.  We were on trains all day by ourselves literally no one travels when it's this hot in Milano.  We went to this member's house and she gave us rose water to put on our faces so we could freshen up and iced tisana. (herbal tea) yumm.  

Then she was talking too much and we had to catch our train back & we're out in the middle of nowhere and the train doesn't pass for another hour if we miss it. 

so we had to run. 

under the African sun. 

it was awful. 

but we made it.  

Also no one believes in a/c here, so it was just as hot, if not hotter, in the train but we used Plan of Salvation pamphlets for at least a little ventilation. so it's fine.  

It was a really fun scambio.  We just chit chatted and did missionary work.  Then the other sorelle came back the next day and we ate lasagna together & now I'm back with Killpack. 

O'Connor and Killpack

I don't really know what else.. Ronald and Mariuxu are getting baptized Saturday and I'm giving the opening prayer.  

Okay, I have to go.  We're having pday with Melissa Diliberto and she's taking us shoe shopping. 
(Sorry Dad, I'm gonna be bad this week. maybe.. if I find the right ones.. fingers crossed I do so I can stop looking.) 

xoxo Paige

(Email Sent - June 11, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment