Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lasagna Pick Up and Delivery

Gooood Morning everyboddyyy! 
 This week is going well!  It's Week 5 which means its senior companion week again.  Where did the time go?! 

On the up news.. our district has been diagnosed with VIRAL BRONCHITIS & Slla Gillespie has been waking up with hives.  I'm almost out of Benedryl because of her.  

So that sucks but for some reason we don't really care and the ward thinks we're funny.

phone home
I've been losing sleep this week because I'm soooooo excited to call you guys.  It doesn't even seem real.

Sunday morning (the 11th) at SIX o'clock (18:00 in military time).  Sorry for the confusion mom.  (At first she wrote that she was calling "18 Domenica" and I thought she meant Sunday the 18th!!

We're going to the famiglia Di Liberto and they are the besssttttt they have a son serving in Colorado and their daughter just got back from Salt Lake Temple Square mission in September.. and they cook food so good.  Get excited. 

small world
I forgot to write down good things that happened this week so I'm trying to think... Oh yeah so we have these really cute return sister missionaries in our ward who served in the temple square mission..and we figured out that one of them was the missionary who taught Sara when she was in SLC!!! small world right?! 

delivery di giorno
On Saturday night we got a call from one of our members and she asked us if we could go to her house right then to pick up a lasagna she made for the elders...

At that point it was 8:00 pm and we were 45 minutes away from home and she lives like a 30 minute bus ride from our house... and it was not even a lasagna for me... so I said no and felt really bad about it just because its really hard to say no to old ladies.. 

Then on SUNDAY the elders ran up to us,  

"Heeeyyy can you please go to this sisters house?  We have lunch with a member and we can't make it.  Also there is no man to go into the house.

So I gave in and said okay out of the goodness of my heart.  

We had lunch with Ronald and Mariuxi in Monza (they're the best) then we went home and did some minor studies, made a couple of calls and then left for this members house.. 

We missed our bus and had to wait a half an hour for the next one.. We accidentally got off the bus a stop early and on the way to her house I was walking through this little campo and you know what happened??

I CAME 1 FOOT AWAY FROM STEPPING ON A HEDGEHOG. 

Did you know that that was even something I have to watch out for? 

hedgehogs... in Monza..

I was so scared.  So I pulled myself together and we finally made it.  

past curfew
After a typical Italian spiritual thought where they end up talking the whole time about weird space doctrine, correcting my Italian, a baby glass of (herbal) tea, and a panetone.. she made us miss the last bus home... 

So we had to walk... with a 20 pound lasagna not for me to eat. 

We didn't make it home until 9:50 that night and poor Anziano Chipman called at exactly the wrong time.  He really got an ear full. 

Zone Conference funnies

share your miracle
Then Monday was a zone training! yay. and there is an elder in Pavia who got picked to share a miracle...and he told this miracle how he was talking with the BYU Men's Volleyball coach before his mission,

(btw I'm really sad they lost to Stanford but life goes on.) 

and one of the coaches, who is Italian, told him to find his mom and convert her...AND HE FOUND HER! whhaatttttt so nuts right? so he's teaching her now..in Pavia.

We had to listen to all the dying testimonies of people who are going home at the end of the transfer & that's always really sad.  And then we all got 2 euro kebabs together at the end. 

It was good. I got ZERO MAIL. but it's okay because I got the baby package Mom sent to the apartment the day after.. yolo

Okay,  pray for Slla Gillespie to get through the week as senior.

Be easy.

& keep push'n when the wheels are flat..

I'll see you soon then. (Dear John Amanda's voice)

xx Sorella O'Connor

(Email Sent - May 7, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment