Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Crime Scene

Happy Week everyone! 

The pdays between week six and week one are allwwaayyysss the longest, but this week we saw miracles!

changing partners
I said goodbye to Sorella Gillespie and shipped her of to Bergy with Sorella Lemos (they were travel companions).. 

There were sooo many missionaries at transfer circle!  It was so fun.  


I got to see some of my favorite missionaries & a couple that I hadn't seen since the MTC.. but then I grabbed Sorella Killpack and her luggage to go home..her luggage was broken so we had to drag them all over Milano... 

but then the worsssttttt thing happened!  

We were kind of running around with our heads chopped off, trying to get all her luggage on the metro.. and there was this lady who ran on behind me then jumped off right before the doors closed, which I thought was weird.  

Then I realized one of the buckles on my bag was undone... 

She had opened my bag and taken my wallet!!!  I was so sad.. It's like I had jussttt got my permesso and I had a pair of earrings in there that Carmen gave me and my debit cards and 25 euro... 

not this again
So I called the office and told them what had happened to me and I was sooo so sad.  I decided we would take all of Killpack's luggage home then start the process of getting new things..

So we were chatting with the old lady next door and my phone rang so I answered it and there was a man on the other line who was like, 

"Paige O'Connor?" (sooo scary hearing your first name) 

but it was a police man who had my wallet!!!! 


recovered
He told me I had to go to the police station at the duomo right away so that I could get my wallet back.  (I assumed that the person would just take the cash and drop the wallet off because it has no value.)  

So we went baacckkkkk to Milano after canceling our appointments and it turns out they have these policemen who dress up like normal people and catch people doing bad things!  

So a policeman caught the lady and got my wallet back with everything in it!!!!  

I even had to identify her!  They had her in one of those rooms where I could see in but she couldn't see me & it was way rad. 

Turns out she was pregnant - In Italy you can't go to jail if you're pregnant, and it's really bad because then these ladies get pregnant so that they can rob people and not get in trouble.. Then you have these convict mothers with 10 children and that sucks. 

My wallet had everything still in it! even the 25 euro.. the policemen were really nice & we're friends now.. 

best part
But the BEST PART of it all is that one of the policemen is friends with a lady in our ward and had taken the missionary discussions before!  He's going to come back to our English class and it's going to be soo good. 

&&&&&  We talked to a man on the metro on the way back and he gave us his information so we passed it to the elders.  They met with him and he has a baptismal date now! nuts right?  So God really does work in mysterious ways.  

I told this experience on Sunday in my talk and everyone ate it up - especially the lady whose friend it was.. 

That's probably the biggest thing that happened this week. 

it's all good
I love Sorella Killpack because I was still sick last week and she called Sorella Dibb and made her let me sleep in until 10 and then she made me turkey noodle soup.  

She has really good music & quotes Pride and Prejudice like no one's business.  

Also she works really hard which is good. && she let me rearrange everything in our house and the ying yang is totes on point now. 

It's going to be a good transfer.

meanwhile
In other news:  Way to go Dallin because because the Mrs. looked soo beautiful!  


Also I love the bridesmaid dresses.. Britt is smokin.


how's my babe Krew? 

I miss California. 

Also this week I hit four months till I come hommeee!!!  Get ready for me>=) 

xxSorella O'Connor

(Email Sent - May 21, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment