Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ocean Swimming with Open Wounds

We dropped Pearce off at the train station this morning & I got my last phone call from Memms last night, giving us a referral.  He left his Michael Buble Christmas cd for me & Sister Pearce left me her David Archuletta cd for me.. so I'll be sad but I'll get through it with the consolation of Davide and Michele<3 
\
trio
We got some news that could possibly be more surprising than the new Beyonce cd: I've been transferred. but also, I haven't been...  President gathered us together at the end of the Christmas conference (not a good time) and told us because Sorella Pearce is leaving, he'll be combining Genova for the rest of the transfer.  

So I'm in a trio and I'm trying really hard to be okay with it.  It'll be so fun traveling two hours for every appointment we have by bus. (We're on a train strike now.)

But up until Monday, the week went really well!  We went to the cemetery after emailing last week and played dead.  

I got the best panino i've ever eaten and just sat down for a while.  It hasn't been too cold.  (I'm learning to appreciate this weather because we went to Allesandria for the Christmas conference and I have never been so cold in my life.)  

There was a baptism on Saturday for the Genova 2 sorelle (now me) and then the Christmas conference on Monday!! 

christmas conference
The Christmas conference was so good.  Not necessarily in the conference itself,  but I got to see Sorella Astel (She's in a trio too.. whhaattt?) and we sang Christmas songs and ate Christmas food.

Every year we get a mission Christmas present;  it's usually scarves for the sisters and ties for the elders, but this year we got APRONS.  Whhaattt?  I'm still trying to find the connection and the desire to carry mine around to all my cities.. but it's a nice thought. 
the Pordenone crew

I got Christmas things and I love my letter and candy countdowns. (Thanks Smith family!)  My companions literally had to restrain me from opening them all right then.  I'm discovering that I'm not very patient.  

And the Bergquist Christmas card is sooooooo cute.  I also got the HUB Christmas card with little notes from everyone in the Benefits department (tender mercies).  I'm still a little confused as to why all the letters I get from HUB have Mom's handwriting on the envelope for the address.  I miss all my HUB family and think about them often. 

I got Dad's letter, which was everything I needed to hear after finding out I'm in a trio.  More in touch with the spirit than you know, Dad. 

and a letter from Kaitlin that was really funny. (secret sister stuff) really though.. 

I sent home a package with my nativity and a present for Marielle's birthday and something for Mom and Scott. (Kelsey's and dad's presents are getting sent this week.)  It was more expensive than I was expecting.  But don't be alarmed at my declining balance;  I started just taking out all the money in my account so I could better keep track of how much I have.   I spend less with cash (= 

see you soon then
As far as Christmas Day goes.. We're going to a member's house for skype (They have two return missionaries in their family so i feel good about it.. they get it.. and the internet point is open for Christmas (Muslims) but I'm going for the 6pm time slot.  So I will get on skype at 6pm.  Do with that information what you will and plan accordingly. (we have 30 -40 minutes which really means an hour.) 

I feel bad Sorella Durfee doesn't have a sister missionary stocking to match ours. 

Taza looks good blonde.  Remember when I was blonde too?  I MISS IT!!! 

Also I cried way too much this week for my liking:   One because of Pearcy leaving, two because of seeing Astel,  three because I have two companions in a really big city.   There are other reasons I can't say because I have to send this email to Kaitlin.. >=) 

Well pray for me and my patience this week.. annddd I'll see you SOON!  eeekkk.  Sorry if I look 20 lbs heavier... It's probably the screen. 

Mom, keep your cell phone on you the next few days... 

xx, Sorella O'Connor

&& MERRY CHRISTMAS.

(Email Sent - December 18, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment