Friday, November 8, 2013

My Life Right Now


To Paige's Mom:

I told you dad would be mad!!  (about adding money to her account for rain boots- and he wasn't mad... she's just working him.) I knew it!  

I haven't bought rain boots yet, but I bought fleece-lined Italian tights and 5 euro cashmere blend socks and a scarf and thermal last week!  stoked on it.  still need boots.  I think I'll survive without gloves.. and also I want to buy a hat/beenie and a rain liner so the Burberry coat stays beautiful (=   

Sometimes I mix up euros with dollars and forget it's not the same

I love my new companion.  She's cool. 
I wrote down some #sistercarlocksays but I forgot them..  


I got the Pureology shampoo you sent and you don't have to tell Dad, but it really does make a difference.  I come home and it brings light into my life.  

Also because we had daylight savings (not as cool as everyone says it is -- I' m  s t i l l  t i r e d) but it gets dark at like 4 so that's why I say it brings light into my life.

we don't have a heater
or a fridge
or a toilet seat

over here in Via Cantore we are just having a blast!!
No, but really, we are staying postive.

Also I really really really really miss my Dyson heat+cool bladeless fan.  (Paige loves that thing.  She used to take it to work with her and even packed it in her suitcase when we flew to Utah last Feb.) 



HALLOWEEN & BABIES!  We went to an appointment the other day and we found ourselves in a baby Halloween party (don't ask) but it was so cute.. Italians trying to be spooky hahaha

NONNA HAS TO COME FOR CHRISTMAS.. also Marielle. I miss her.

Nonna is turning 80? Does she want anything "Italian" for her birthday?  I'm not the best at presents.

Also Sorella Carlock and Pearce have the flu and Sorella Carlock burned her arm with steam from the "soup" we tried to make hahahah.  We could really go for some recipes..

Paige wrapped it up

We couldn't even put frozen peas on her burn because our fridge & freezer are broken.. but shes a trooopppeerrrr
Also I had the best pizza of my life this week(= Italy isn't so bad

Kaitlin is an STL? missed that one hahah way to go 

I have got to see JEAN in her Halloween costume.  I'm gonna guess clown.

The videos of the Bergquist boys worked keep them coming. sooooooo cuteeee

Also the fattest man I have EVER seen "fell" diciamo.. on me on the bus this week. with his dog. It was a hard day haha

and I'm learning Napolitano (dialect from Napoli-- think mafia) 

BROWN HYMNS i just found the song you sent that starts with "Brown Hymn Book" and I think it's so funny I listen to it every morning.  Also Justin Bieber singing "Silent Night" when Sorella Carlock is in the shower. 

I love you.  Sorry I sucked at writing an email this week.  I forgot the paper I write funny things down on to remind myself to tell you. 

I love being a missionary! 

Also Sorella Pearce's finger is a lot better.. now were just worried about Sorella Carlock's arm and me catching the flu.  Also the no fridge situation<3

Christmas is on the brain over here.  And I've been thinking about Bella's hair coming off the plane from the mission... how did she do it? and now there is no excuse for the way I look. 

As far as missionary work goes.. we are doing really well!  We have a COUPLE of member referrals we are working with (the member referrals verses the people we find are night and day.. progress so much faster and stronger).  I love Genova & my companion & the investigators & new converts & members. 

We can do hard things! 


To Paige's Dad:

Your week sounded so fun!  I wore my BYU shirt mom sent me Friday and Saturday because I wasn't sure what day the game was hahah I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BASKETBALL SEASON!! whhaatttt? when did that happen? 

Can we talk about how all the apostles' female grandchildren are getting called to Italy? not a coincidence.. Holland, Cook, and I'm pretty sure Scott had a daughter come here. and O'Connor. 

(Mike met Elder Cook and his granddaughter at the BYU football game.  She had just received her call to Italy Rome Mission so they were excited to hear all about it.) 

Mom said you hated me for spending money & I'm sorry.  I'll be better.. I'll try.  Sometimes you just need those fleece-lined stockings ya know?  I won't buy the gloves it's ok.. I'm fine.. We just don't have heat in our apartment.  Don't worry about me. 

Also an interesting fact about Genova: it's humid! so my clothes don't dry. ever.  I'm excited to take you guys back here >=) 

How's basketball doing? You HAVE to dress up for the ward halloween contest.

OK?

I also was thinking this week how you're gonna have to take me on a fly fishing tour when I get home. I miss it.  (That's a good looking fish? Did you take a guide?)


xx your fav, Sorella P O'Connor

(Email Sent - October 30, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment