Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Birthday to Us!

Today is 8 months for me and 17 months for Sister Pearce! We're doing nothing to celebrate. hahaha



This week was COLD! Like so cold and beach house windy. and it rained. a lot. 

bruised 
That's fine, I'm starting to just learn how to not feel.  But people were mean to us yesterday, so our souls are a little bruised.  But it's okay; we will survive. 

striking out
There is a strike on the buses that no one knew about ahead of time that is apparently going to last for the next 3 DAYS..which means angry bus drivers with noisemakers yelling down our street at 4:00 in the morning. 


All seven of our appointments cancelled because either we couldn't get to them or they couldn't get to us.  So now we have to take a train to our area and have to stay out there all day, not being able to come back for lunch. in the rain and wind. and just trying to talk to people.. all day.. on your feet. 

I dare say it was a little rough. You know those stories about the missionaries out in the cold all day but they still decide to knock on one more door or talk to that last person who ends up listening and that person and their entire family is baptized three weeks later?  That wasn't us. 

BUT WE ARE STAYING POSITIVE!

your way
It's Week Five in the transfer which means SENIOR COMPANION WEEK!  It's my first time being the junior companion for senior companion week, and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be.  

The argument Mom makes about how it's easier to just clean it herself because it takes the kids twice as long and but she has to teach them how comes to mind.. I just want to do everything by myself.  

I've come to realize that I actually have a way of doing things that I like, you know?  It's okay. I'm learning patience (with myself, ha). 

Also Sister Pearce in her second city stopped and talked to an Albanian man on the street.  Now he and his wife and two children are baptized.  Not all Albanians are terrorists, Mom.  But I will be careful.  (She is talking about the two sister missionaries that were assaulted in Kosovo - I just told her to make sure to only talk to the nice Albanians.) 

opportunity
We had a zone conference Monday about the mission conference, and it was so good.  Anziano Walsh (one of the many British elders) gave his "dying" testimony and it was so sweet.  He cried and said, "I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have had to serve my God." in his sweet British accent and I just thought it was a beautiful placement of words. 

home but not homesick
I'm literally obsessed with all the baby pictures you send... How is it possible to have that much love for a baby through a picture? I don't know.  It's like they're one of my own blood or something. 


You saw Natalie!!! She looks so good! (so do you Mom).  I miss her.  (Natalie is a former roommate of Kaitlin's and friend of Paige's who is serving in our mission


Elle sent me videos of her blinking & the puppy and I may or may not have cried and watched them 10 times. I miss her.  We're having similar weeks this week.  You're a good mom, Mom, for taking her out for me. 

I was thinking about Hallmark Christmas movies this week when we were outside and how much I miss them.  But I'm not homesick. 

personal shopper
Today we are going shopping for Sister Pearce because she has less than one month till she gets on a plane, and she's not risking me getting transferred to go shopping with her. hahah.  This may or may not be my third "dying" sister shopping trip.  

It makes me a little homesick, but I guess I'll sacrifice myself.  (I also need to buy her something pretty.) I saw something at Zara for 24 euro. Do I have enough in my account? hope so.

Also because I'm a missionary in Italy, I am obligated to buy you all Christmas presents with your money (Mom & Dad).  Sorry, but I already picked everything out. 

(I'm most excited for Dad's present--IT'S A SURPRISE) I'll tell you right now it's not a tie, because I know you like to pick out your own ties. Don't worry, it's good.  But I'm going to need around 30 euro. just let me. 

I'll just get Scott and Kelsey something from the Chinese market; they dont have to know.. 

Can you help me out there?

Also I still need rain boots. 

& I'm wearing a french hat like Kaitlin's that I borrowed from Sorella Carlock today.  Kait's right, they are quite warm & classy. I might need to pick myself up one. 

do as i'm doing
P.S. about my back, I've been laying on the ground with a blanket.  Everything else I will not do, so it's fine.  

Something Sister Pearce taught me in my first transfer Week Five is, 
"I will not ask you to do anything I wouldn't do myself."  

So I've been pulling that back on her this week when she tries to take my satchel away.  Because SHE had back problems and wouldn't let anyone help her! hahaha  

Also I forgot, we did an exchange together this week! OCONNOR & PEARCE back in black. (We wear all black a lot; it's slimming)  It was so fun.

xx Pajina

Also, expect my Christmas card.  Be excited about it. 

Seriously, I'm doing okay & I love you & I'll talk to you soon. 






(Email Sent - November 20, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment