Friday, November 15, 2013

Attraversiamo

So I was picturing my homecoming last night, as I usually do when I'm on the bus returning to the flat the night before pday.  And in my head I was like, 

"What am I gonna wear?"  "What's Mom gonna wear?" "I bet she's already bought something new.

 And then the thought came into my mind, I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure it was the Holy Ghost telling me, "Sorella O'Connor, obvi everyone is going to wear jumpsuits.

EVERYONE is going to wear jumpsuits. even Scott and especially Dad.  It will be like Khloe Kardashian's wedding reception, but better.   

Does she mean this?

(I think she means "tracksuits"  like matching pants and hoodies -  not one piece zip-ups, only slightly less alarming. haha)


or this?



I told that to Sorella Carlock & she just thinks I'm psycho, but I know in my heart it's a good idea. 

Your welcome Mom.  Now you don't have to worry about it. 

baby, baby, baby oh
So many beautiful things to talk about this week!  The Bergquist bambine being the first.  I'm literally so happy. like so so happy. Marleigh Jannee is perfect. and I like the baby bows for Dev and Di's newbie. 


back 2 back
(We sent her a list of things she needs to do to relieve her back pain/injury.  I suspected she wouldn't follow the advice, so I also sent an email to Sorella Pearce to enforce the rules...  we'll see... )

I've been doing that thing for my back where you lay down and put your feet in the air, but the ground is too cold (stone).  So I did it in my bed today and it doesn't really have the same effect and I fell back asleep (need to find a new solution).  

Also I have a hot water bottle which helps.  

I lol'd when Dad told me to not carry the satchel around (it's against the rules to wear a backpack now, and yesterday we gave our 3 Books of Mormon in Italian 1 in English and 1 in Albanian.)  The satchel is a must.  

And as representatives of Jesus Christ we also get to give up our seats on the bus, which leaves hours and hours of standing (a certain conversation comes to mind between Dad and me while we were at the BMW dealership that one of the main factors to choosing the 750 was that the x5 "beats him up" on days of long traveling.)  I get it now.  

letters!
I also got 4 letters this week! Two from Natalie's blog, one from Kaitlin and one from Dylan Johnson in Peru.  That night we sat around the table and cried about Dylan's 4 baptisms that Saturday and Natalie's car. hahaha, oh the Americas.. wouldn't it be nice? hahah

standard of excellence
This week we had a conference with Anziano Teixeira,  and it was awesome.  Our "standard of excellence" in the Italy Milan Mission is 15 lessons a week.. meaning that's an average of what all the missionaries are getting.. some get 5-7 others get around 17-19 and he came in and told us to get 21 lessons this week.  



(Elder and Sister Teixeira with the assistants and Pres. and Sister Dibbs)


So were trying realllly hard but it's also reaalllllyyyy hard & we're not eating (btw I lost 3 kilos this week!) (= 

comfort
Monday I was feeling kind of low about all the pressures of being a missionary and our expectations as missionaries and the reality of where we were at & just like Mom said in her email this week, "I have been wanting the comfort and calming spirit of the Lord more in my heart.," meee tooooo.  

So I asked Anziano Memmott for a blessing (my first one since being a missionary.  I didn't want to be that sister missionary.. but I knew he knew that I'm not that sister missionary).  

Anyway, it was so beautiful and there were all sorts of sweet somethings he said that I'll never forget (I had Sister Pearce sit in and write it down).  But he said that He is blessing me & my family back home in ways that I can't comprehend right now.. cute right?  This is just a friendly reminder to count your many blessings. and it's fine.

Also Sister Pearce has gone mad. hahah anndd she hurt her back too (back in Pordenone) so thanks for sending that email to her too.. (She's too stubborn to call the mission mom for advice.) 

Anyway, Zoe is super hott in her wedding pictures and I think her hair is really pretty.  Tell Marielle that I love her at lunch & give her permission to go through my things and take whatever she wants to Hawaii with her. just bring them back. 

Keep up the great work family, 
With love from Genova, 

xx Sorella Pajina

ALSO at the conference I saw Sorella Astel and Anziano Miller!  It was the best.  Sorella Astel got robbed at knife point in Torino (lost her wallet and passport).   I'm slightly alarmed but not losing sleep over it. 
Paige and Sorella Astel at the mission conference



Here are some pictures from Sorella Carlock:


bedroom


study area

kitchen

view

 (Email Sent: November 13, 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment