Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ragazzi

Hi.  

I have a new COMPANION! her name is Sorella Carlock & she was born in Brooklyn and now lives in Montclair, New Jersey.   She's superrr cool.  She's younger than me in the mission but older than me in real life.  So it's fine, but a little weird because that's never happened to me before. 

Sorella Carlock in Milan

She's super cute.  She was in Milan, so Genova is way smaller to her but way huge for me hahah.  She wants to be a lawyer.

Mom asked what I'm going to do with all my Spanish investigators now that Sorella Lemos is gone:  They all avoid me now, hahah, except for Margarita who is 50--she still lets us come hahah.   We teach her how to read... 
in Spanish...it's pretty interesting. 

answered prayers
Sister Pearce says "hi."

She burned her fingers this week.. that was sad)=  She really likes her hot liquids.  I had to pop her finger blisters.  

She says she missed me.  I told her I was sorry because I was praying for her to take Sister Eaton's spot--and now she is here with Sister Durfee because of it.

phone home
Anyway, in other news.. sometimes I still forget I'm a missionary.   

Like on Monday when we were SOAKING wet and cold and on our way back to the apartment on the bus,  I pulled out the cell phone and started dialing... 212-68XX... to call Dad and have him turn on the heater so that it would be warm when we got home.   

Then I remembered we don't have a heater.. and I can't just call my Dad.   That was really sad, hahahaha.  It's fine.  I'm fine. 


(Dad's favorite toy)
It is so cold here.

Today I need to go buy nice Italian tights and more scarfs.

my favorite men
Also Sister Durffee HATES that I put up my favorite One Direction trading cards (thank youuu Delaneeeeey) 
next to my picture of Tommy Monson, but I don't care.





Also we have an investigator who lives in Nervi and it's so pretttyyyy.  I just about died.





She has cancer so that's not good, but she's cool.  Literally she knows nothing about religion or God or Heavenly Father.. it's so fun teaching her. 

in the lead
This week was hard and long.  Being the senior companion is difficult and I'm literally exhausted all the time.  I'm fine, hahah.

Also because Sister Pearce is a Sister Training Leader, she's forced to call Sorella Astel--so that's a shammeee.  Sorella Astel told me about a couple of baptisms in Pordenone 3 of the investigators we found!!  so exciting <3

secret sister stuff
Kaitlin and I have been writing each other in Italian for our language study, and I just wanted to tell Mom that she's gonnnaa hattteeee us when we come back hahaha #secretsisterstuffffff

So much drama back home.. i like it.. keep it coming. EXCEPT that crazy thing with Marilu.. that's soooo not ok.  literally.  (Her friend got hit over the head with a bottle at a Halloween party.)

reunited
Can we just talk more about how Sister Pearce and I are together agaaiinnnn?... what are the odds?  She's in her last FULL transfer and she goes home halfway through the next.  

She said I can't get transferred and I have to "kill" her, but I said that I don't haavvee to do anythinngg.   She's says... actually I DO, because she's one of my file leaders.. 

Mom, when am I going to get the chicken noodle soup recipe?  Also I love that chubby picture of you with your curly hair when you were a missionary... so pretty, the mommyyy hahahaha.  I think you look great.


(Hermana Behunin - circa 1985)


I love you ALL.  I can't think of anything else to say except that: 

We are working hard.  
Our Spanish-speaking investigators don't understand me.  
Sorella Carlock and I are going to be the power couple of Genova.  
I need to buy a blowdryer.  
Kimye is engaged everyonneee; that's crazy.  
When is the Bergquist baby going to coommeeee?
Everyone is getting married.. but that's fineee I guess. 

xx, Sorella Paige O'Connor

(Email Sent - October 23, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment