Friday, November 8, 2013

Wise as a Serpent, Calm as a Dove


IT'S SO COLD. but I'm trying to stay calm everyone. Don't worry about me. although we don't have a heater.. I did buy myself a pair of new closed toe slippers (and I'm not sorry Mom and Dad) 

The first thing I would like to address is the new Bergquist baby.  She is so beautiful!  The picture with Brittany and Weston at the hospital.. stop it. 

baby fever
I have baby fever this week. Ask the other sister missionaries, the mothers on the bus/metro/train, or our bishop and his wife.  It's embarrassing.  

Also one of our members had a baby this week!!!  On Sunday too! and we went over on Tuesday to help with some things around the house.. and poor Paula was home all alone with this brand new baby girl because her husband was out at the store.. long story short: I feel really guilty because she basically DROPPED the three-day-old baby into my arms. 

(What am I gonna do, put it on the ground? nope.. I held it.)  I feel bad for breaking a mission rule, but it also felt so gooooood.  I needed a baby hug. & I liked it.  So I was thinking about the Bergquists this week.

halloween
I'm literally obsessed with all the pictures you sent this week, Mom.  Everyone is so beautiful and American.  Italians don't really get Halloween.  It's sad really.  Sister Carlock made some sort of spiced drink and that's really all we did. 
wassail

don't be alarmed
Also not to alarm you, (I realize that's not a good way to start a sentence) but I'm fine now... it's just when I return we might need to look into some medical attention for my back, but don't stress it's fine.  I just don't want to be the missionary that comes home with a fake back injury ya know? 

Also we don't have Thanksgiving here (obvi), so that means the next holiday is Christmas! not that I'm countinggg. 

hump day!
Happy Hump Day Kaitlin!  I even wrote it down in my planner so I could remember!  That's a pretty big deal!  Time flies when you're having fun diciamo. 

Nothing really eventful happened this week other than we got a new fridge!  We can buy milk this week for speza and everything!  Also the poor anziani had to carry it up 6 flights of stairs hahahahah

Can we talk about how all my clothes are getting those little pellets on then and starting to become transparent? whhhyyyy does that happen? 

Happy Birthday Kelsey!  How old are Kelsey and Chad now? 15? 



That's so cool Kelsey has a friend meeting with the missionaries at our house!

referral received and contacted 
which became an investigator
after having taught a lesson in the home 
in the presence of members..

you don't beat that.

 m e m b e r p r e s e n t l e s s o n s 

on the conversion scale she's like a 100

DAD!  I'm sorry about your pulled muscle in your rib cage! how did that happen? I TOLD you not to work too hard. take it easy. drink a diet coke, get a pedicure, and listen to some James Taylor. & write me a solid handwritten let.

& Momm, when is your painting coming?  Did you cut your hair? I saw the picture of you and Kelsey at senior night.. you look so good. seriously thats not a lie. & on the plane to Wisconsin read a book. or you could write me a letter either one works. 

Also go through the car wash and listen to Bon Iver by yourself. works every time and cures anything.

It's so cold she can't keep her eyes open

Can't think of anything else besides the fact that it's really cold.  Like so cold you have a headache when wake up in the morning and when you walk outside. 

But don't worry about me; I inherited a hot water bottle from an old missionary. not quite a heated blanket or my Dyson. but enough. hahaha

I love being a missionary and I'm not homesick,

xx Paige

(Email Sent - November 6, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment