Monday, October 7, 2013

Writing Out of Obedience (the White Handbook says I have to)

From Paige's Mom:  When Paige first got online, she didn't have any emails from her parents in her inbox (I was still typing and Mike was traveling and was late to post.... ), so she was not pleased with us.

Email from Paige:

All my love goes to Marielle & friends because she's the ONLY one who wrote me an actual email this week, like with words..  Also Cam & Nat are on the good list.. everyone elseeee, I'm just telling you how my week went out of obedience(: 

pioneer day
This week we had an ACTIVITY in church, and it was so good!  It was pioneer-themed.  (When is Pioneer Day? I don't even know. - answer: July 24th)  

But it was so funny EVERYONE dressed up like pioneers and our investigators came it was really, really good and also really, really funny!   They went ALL out like with handcarts and everything in our tiny chapel/apartment hahah.


getting stuck
Also me and the elevators here don't mesh well hahaha.  They are SO TINY!  There is a door you pull open and then little doors you push through to get in (think elevators from 1895).   

But when I'm inside the elevator, I'm always impatient to get out and I pull open the tiny doors before the elevator is ready.  So I accidentally stop the elevator in the middle of a door and a shaft.   

Then I need to remember to be patient, close the doors, and let the elevator take me all the way there.  Sister Lemos gets mad at me when I do that but it's never on purpose!! 

home alone
We live with the Sister Training Leaders (Eaton & Durfee), so they are gone a lot of the time on exchanges or something.  We were home alone Friday night and I was putting on my nightgown when all the lights went out and Sister Lemos said, "Ohh noooo, I did something!" (We try to speak English in the house and it's super cute hahah).   

She tried to "make an egg" in the microwave (i have no clue how one does that) but we had to wait for the "older sisters" to help us hahah--we're only 20..

out of gas
District meeting was so saadd this week (so sad, but we were laughing kind-of).  There are 4 copie of anziani and us (so that's 8 against 2), and they were all so mopey this week.   The 4 elders in La Spezia have no gas for heating (I know how that is), but they haven't had any gas this whole transferrr, so ice-cold showers and cold food.  

They are opening the area, so they have no teaching pool and everyone was depressed and everyone was getting really low numbers.   Our district leader was just pumping everyone up (trying to) and Sorella Lemos and I were just like, 

"Whhhaaatttt? We got 20 lessons this week!"   We were stoked.  

So we're praying extra hard for the anziani in La Spezia with no heat and no investigators this week.. so sad, the anziani.

personal space
I also have no personal space anymore):  I hate the bus and I hate public transportation.  I'll say that till the day I die.   Seriously Mom, never again will I take a bus after a mission. the smells.. oh myyy gosh the smells.. and the dogs.. why people think it's okay to bring dogs on the bus.. dio sa 


wrecked
I don't know hooowwww it happened, but I heard what I presume to be a new Miley song at the metro station and it's been stuck in my head all week.. "YOU WRE-E-ECKED MEEE!!"   That's all I know, hahaha.  

How do I make it stop?  (Paige has nooo idea!  That's what we're ALL saying about Ms. Cyrus these days.)   

I promise I'm a good missionary. 

happy birthday marielle!!
Also it's Marielle's birthday this week, and I miss her.


I knew about the new Bergquist baby before yoouuuu (that was my "secret sister stuff" postcard from last week)--I AM SO EXCITED!  

little boys and baby bumps

I was kinda hoping/praying they could wait to be preggo before December so I could have a channcceee of seeing the baby bump, but it's fine--newborns are cute toooo<3

art in the windows
Gosh, don't tell anyone, but there are the most beautiful wedding dresses here.  We see them in the store windows as we pass by.   I might have picked mine out already (Ellie Saab has nothing on this dress).

The one in the back (with the sleeves - obvi)

This one is my favorite - the structure, oooohh

Sorella Lemos thinks it's kinda plain....
empty mailbox
Just send packages to the mission home. It's super complicated to get them, because I have to be home to sign for them, blah blah blah.  It's gonna take like all day today to finally get my asos package(=  I'm stoked on it, but I don't know how happy Sister Lemos is, oops. 

BUT YOU CAN SEND ME LETTERS EVERY DAY!!!  It sucks because we check our mailbox everyday, and I never have anything #missionaryproblems

We didn't get to go to the aquarium last week because we ran out of time)= and I'm not convinced Sister Lemos wants to go because its 20 euro, but I realllllyy reallly want to go so I'm pushing it, hahah. 

I also hurt my back putting together handcarts and carrying a million books in a side bag,  but it's finneee, naproxen works...

lighten the load
BUT I bought a mini Italian bible last week and I love it. 

I'm not sure it's the best translation, hahah.  I bought it at an evangelical<- (is that the right word in English?) bookstore but it's finnee, right?  It's about the same idea.  I like it because it lightens the load.. literally my bag is so heavy! 

Well, that's all for this week<3

Love you long time. 


p.s.  I got an email from Mom, so she's on the good list now.

(Email Sent - October 2, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment