Saturday, October 19, 2013

CTR

GOOOD MORNINNGG EVERYBODY!!!!

Side Note:  My roommates here don't think my enthusiastic morning wake-up greetings are quiitteee as endearing as my sweet family & Marielle do.. so that's sad, right?

transfer trauma
This week was transferrssss.. annnndddd Sorella Lemos is headed to Pavia which is about 30 minutes away hahah, but she's disappointed because it's a really small city with zero South Americans and she's probably on a bike. 

 But she's going to be companions with Sorella Carter, who is Wyatt Clement's friend I talked to before coming, and she's so cute. so she's lucky.  

memory loss

I'm really bad and don't remember who my companion is.. oopss.  

We were at our bishop's house having Serata Familiare (Family Night? I don't remember for sure what it's called in English) with our investigator.  When we got the call about transfers, Sorella Lemos found out first and then handed me the phone.. & while I was talking to the assistants to find out who my new companion is, she started bawwllinnnggg. 

I was just in shock like, "What do I do?"  So I shrugged off the anziani and was just like, "yeah yeah sure sure byyeeee." "click."  ARE YOU OK? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?!!  

Then she calmed down and we went back to the bishop and he asked,  "Sooo, who's coming here?


 ____________ blank. 


"I don't remember. Sorry Bishop, you'll have to wait till Sunday."  But then the Capi Zona told me again and I still don't remember, so I have no excuse.  Also I'm too prideful to ask again. 


we're all dying here

BETTER NEWS:  So you know how Sister Eaton is dying?  That means I get a new roommate annnddd you know who that new roommate is? hahahha you're gonna die... i died:   

Awwww,  poor Sister Pearce has to live with me again...

 Hahahhahahahahahha I'm gonna "kill" her.  Literally she will probably "die" here in Genova, and I want to kill her off so bad.  


But Anziano Memmott and I are excited because we will all be in a district together again!  I can't speak for Sister Pearce, but we're happy about it, and she'll have to deal with us regardless >=) 

begging

Sorella Astel got transferred to Torino!  I beggggeeddd Anziano Memmott to let me travel with Sorella Lemos to pick up my new companion, but my motives were mostly selfish because I knew Sorella Astel would be there... as well as our whoolleee MTC district--literally all of them but me.  

Oh Sorella Egbert is coming to my zone, pink washing with a greenie!  So I get to see her(:  It's gonna be a good transfer. 

spooky

So last week, we went to the cemetery (Cimintero Staglieno).  Apparently it's the second most beautiful one in Europe!  And all of the famous poets are buried there.  (obvi not ALL of the them, but there are alot of them.)  



But we didn't find that out until AFTER we went, but it's finnee.   I'll have to go back and check.  It's so cool though--it's like every art history museo I've been to in one place.  




Also if you go to the places less traveled, you find open tombs and dug up graves.. really not ok!  spookkyyyy ya know? I'll take you all back there someday.  Mom would like it. 

cold is coming

And it's really cold.  Every one tells me I'm going to diieeee "sorelllaaaa tu muorirai" when it gets into winter, so that's really sad. 

Ohhhh my, so we went to our bishop's house so far away in the mountains (literally the most beautiful place I've ever been).   He has 4 kids under 8--that's crazy for italians.  It's like you have 2 kids and stop.  Anyway, they areeee sooo cute.  I just can't describe.  I was dying.  But I did learn how to make goooood pizza. 


false pretenses

So a funny story from this week:  It didn't happen to us, but the capi zona. hahahaha.  So there is this member named Liz and she's super cute, 18.   She got baptized about a year ago and she is soooo great! 

Anyway, she called the anziani and were like "Hey can you meet me and my guy friend here at 4:00, and will you teach him the Plan of Salvation?"  So they were like, "Umm, YES!


So they taught him and thought, "He just seemed sooo NOT interested."  So after the lesson they asked,  "Liz, Where did you even find this guy?


She explained to them that she met him on Facebook and turns out he thought he was coming to just meet Liz to go on a date or something.   I don't know, BUT SHE TRICKED HIM!   She didn't tell the anziani oorrr this poor guy!  hahahahahaha.  Ohhhh sweet Liz.  


Anyway, he's not that interested in the restored gospel.. but in Liz, yes. hahah 


stuff and more stuff

Also, I broke my closet again.  I'm really not sure how I always seem to do that..I don't have thhaatttt much stuff

We got the mate, Mom!  Sorella Lemos cried. (dramatic much?)  She is very grateful. 


And I got the package from Pordenone!!!  I love the new BYU shirt. seriously.  




I shared the Cookie Butter with Layla and Leo (our investigator and her less-active fiance).   Layla lovveeedd it and Leo faked liking it, hahah.   They don't really know how to react to it.  I may or may not have that hidden under my bed.




I got 5 letters this week!!!!  It was so fun!  I'm trying my besst to write everyone back today.  Sorella Lemos has control today because its her last day in Genova.  She loves Chinese stores.. don't ask... they are literally the worst:  mass-produced, really cheap clothing.  It's fine. si chiama "gem"  

Also Kaitlin has pday on Mondayyy?  I hate thattt ):

xx Sorella O'Connor

(Email Sent - October 16, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment