Friday, September 27, 2013

Calmati (or super sorry I might have broken your hearts)

We had interviews yesterday!  (On Wednesday - her regular Pday)  I told presidente that he was going to kill my mother (because we didn't hear from her as expected)... but he didn't seem to think it was funny. 

extra mail
Happy P-Day on Thursday!  

I actually liked it because then I got extra emails from people yelling at me from not writing back & emails from people who forgot to write me Tuesday night.  sorry mom.  

I didn't mean to stress you out on purpose.   We could pick if we wanted to take Pday on Tuesday or Thursday & we picked Thursday because we were selfish.  I knew you wrote Tuesday nights and I wouldn't have gotten my mail!  sooo, my bad. 

no figs for you
This week was crazy.  We were eating lunch and the other sisters brought back figs from a member's house (because I live in Italy).  

Sister Lemos is going on and on anndd onnnnn about how good figs are (because none of the Americans have actually haadd figs before) and she was telling a story about how her grandma make the beesstt fig jam & she couldn't remember why she hadn't had it in forever.   She was like, "I need to ask for the recipe."  

Then she took a baby-sized bite and remembered why:  SHE'S SUPER ALLERGIC!!!  Her throat started closing up and she couldn't breath.   All I could think about was that super sad movie with the little boy and the little girl and the boy gets stung by the bees and dies.. you know what movie I'm talking about? 
  
"My Girl"

It's really, really sad... ANYWAYS I thought my companion was going to die.  

Good thing she had Benadryl and then she took two and was okay.. but then she got super sleepy took a 30 minute nap and then we went to our appointment.. I'm telling you, she's a trooper. 



Also, I gave a talk in church on Sunday--without Sister Pearce to help me!  But it's okay because Sister Lemos taught me how to write my own, hahahah.  It was fine. 

I had the worst & best food of my life this week.    It also smells really bad here. 

two summers one winter
It's starting to get cold.  Sister Lemos loves cold weather and always says, "I'm in love with this daayy" which means she likes the weather, hahah.  ma ha ragione (but she's right). 

In Argentina the seasons are opposite, so she went from summer in Argentina to the beginning of summer in Italy when she got here.. so she's literally had like a year of summer.  I reminded her that when she goes home she'll have just finished a summer in Italy to start another summer in Argentina and she may or may not have cried, hahahahah oops. 

the answer
Recently, our investigators/members have been going through literally the craziest situations and come to us to solve their problems.  I'm like.. "I'm only 20 years old!  How the heck am I supposed to give you the answers to your marriage problems?  I've never even been in love before!"  

&&  then I remember I'm a missionary & I actually DO have the answer to your problems or your illnesses or whatever is going on (the gospel is the answer) ... so that's comforting.. 

but sometimes I do feel really young to be here..

write it down
I have so much to say but I don't really remember at this moment.. I need to start writing things down when I think about it.  We are going to the aquarium today!! yayyyy (= 

Oh yeah, see if you can find me a mate straw & cup & thermos.  

early morning scripture study

They don't have them here and I'm afraid I'll be too sad when Sister Lemos leaves...

Are you making a playlist of all the good music that comes out while I'm gone? (Yes...)

3 months till Christmas!!!! (When we get to Skype with her and Kaitlin)

Seriously, love you long time, xx, your daughter, Paige

(Email Sent - September 26, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment