Monday, October 14, 2013

Mamma Mia

A little piece of Genova in the rain

So much happened this week. 

saying goodbye to yudelka

my fav investigator moved back to her country.. it was sad


trying to stomach it
I would like to start off by telling you I ate cow stomach this week & hated it. 


We were at a member's house and they made food for us.  I took a picture of it before I knew what it was.  When I started eating it, I realized the meat was NOT chicken...

 I knew I didn't want to know what it was until after I finished my plate. It's a mental thing.  

Sister Lemos wouldn't tell me what it was until we got in the elevator (she likes that kind of food), but I'll send a picture. 


haircuts of affection
Also I don't know if I told you, but Sister Lemos is a freelance hair and makeup stylist.  Her dad is a barber, so she's been cutting hair since she was 9 down in Argentina.  

Over the last weeks she's asked to cut my hair, color my hair, braid my hair, do my make-up, give me a face mask, annnndddd pierce my ears. still sleeping with one eye open. it's just not going to happen.

Also, am I ugly or something? hahaha it's fine.  I'm not going to get an Argentine haircut and end up looking like Mom on her mission. (Her mom may have had a traumatic experience with an '80s perm - not pretty)

But her way of showing affection is by giving haircuts, so she cuts our investigators hair after lessons and I literally hold my breath every time. (that's normal right?) no.  I'm just afraid were gonna lose someone because of a bad haircut. but it's finneee I guess, hahah.

pushover
My companion loves my American eyeliner, mascara and hairspray.  I'm not very good at sharing, but I do it anyways because I'm a pushover. (I'm out of all those things and need to go buy more today.  My shampoo and conditioner may or may not be hiding under my bed...)

Quote from Sister Lemos this week, "I'm learning how I can love you." (She's not the first) 

It's getting chillllyyyy here in Genova.. super breezy thanks to the ocean. 

I bought a straightener last week because mom was complaining about the top knot. si chiama pigrizia ("it's called laziness")

general conference
ohhhhhh yyeeaahhhhh Conferencceee! that happened just this week? oh my. 

I was afraid we were gonna have to watch it in Italian because Sister Lemos doesn't speak English, but we watched Relief Society session in Italian and the rest in English.  

She WANTED to watch in English because she likes hearing their voices.. buuttt we were the only sisters in the room with like 6 companionships of elders (Anziano Tredway being one of those anziani-SO WEIRD Dad saw his brother at the airport, small world.  He was also my zone leader my first transfer in Pordenone)

Mike and the other Elder Tredway
(Mike ran into this elder in the airport who was on his way home from his mission in Africa.
Turns out his brother is not only serving in the Milan Mission, but is currently in the same district with Paige in Genova.  Such a small missionary world!)

The only disappointment was that they had the MTC choir for Relief Society session, so it was just sister missionaries.  I was just like "Whhheeerreeee are the elders?.. I need some Ben Patch in my life."


thumbs up for the ladies
So it was super awkward on all the talks about women, hahaha, the elders would just turn around and give us "thumbs up." 


This is Sister Eaton's lasssttt pday so we are going to the cemetery hahah.  It's like a thing I guess.  (because she is "dying" in the mission)

Also, she worked at Aspen Grove camp as a Rompers' counselor.


Staglieno Cemetery in Genova



why don't you stay... just a little bit longer?
I don't know what else to sayyyy.  We find out transfers this week.  Sister Lemos started in Genova and this is her 4th transfer here, soo she thinks she going but I think she's staying... 

shoulder angel
Can we talk about Dad and the "shoulder angel?"... how's your back? hahahah but also that's super funny.
Mike and Matt Meese at the Homecoming Kickoff

Studio C

And sweet Elder Perry.. Tell him he's in our prayers too ya know! 

(When Elder Perry heard that we have two missionaries serving in Italy, 
he asked to take this pic and sent a sweet message to Paige and Kaitlin saying
that he and his wife send their love and that they are in their prayers.)

As far a food recipes go (to send her).. I've been craving squash.  Is that weird?  We have it here, but I don't know how to cook it.. also gnocchi and cheese >=) for special occasions

working on it
Aimee and I are in the same boat (still struggling with the language).  Sister Lemos loves to talk and also loves to correct, so sometimes it shoots down the self confidence ya know? but it's fine.  I'm working through it, hahahah.

Tell Grandma "hi" and "I love her."

All the pictures were perrfectttt hahah.  Weston is getting so big!



And I got all the cardigans you sent.  I'm wearing the "hoggs" one right now and its sooo comfy!  My, the one with the stars is sooooo cute!  I may or may not have worn it like 3 times this week. oopss #sorryimnotsorry

When mom told me not to put my dress in the dryer (so it wouldn't shrink).... I laughed because this is the image that came into my mind.. this is also our balcony:

(This is Paige's "dryer")

It's crazy that it's already BYU homecoming.. I got my call to Italy almost a year ago, so that's even weirder..

Love, Paige

(Email Sent - October 9, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment