Sunday, July 14, 2013

New Apartment - New President

Happy Fourth!  

So we went on the base and Sorella Jacobs (senior couple wife) who leaves in two weeks (sad) took us to Taco Bell and then for milk shakes.  I was kind of "on one" as Mom would say hahah.  

I sang God Bless America, American the Beautiful, Star Spangled Banner, & Yankee Doodle. All the classics. It also goes without saying it was required to wear red white and blue. 
Sorelle Pearce and Hunter with Sorella Jacobs in their patriotic gear

out with the old
Then we moved!  It was crazy.  Our new apartment is so beautiful.  But EVERYTHING in our old apartment had to be taken to the dump because it was so gross.  I spent the day smashing desks, tables, & chairs etc.  It was fun and also a little hard.  

in with the new
Then we spent to rest of the day helping put together new desks tables, & chairs.  

If I don't learn anything more on my mission, at least I will know that I can assemble chairs from IKEA the fastest. 
new kitchen

the pompelo is to die for here

Church History is pretty cool (Did I ever think those words would come out of my mouth?  I'm gonna go with "No.")  But history in general is pretty cool. Italians are obsessed with it. -- Probs because everyone's house is older than America.  (Paige's sister, Kelsey, is going to Nauvoo, IL on a Church History Edition of EFY)

shocked
I finally wrote Dylan Johnson.  He was a little...shocked I'm a missionary hahah.   Also he wants me to get him ties.  I told him I would if there was any room in my suitcase after all the shoes I'm going to buy. (We both know the probability of there being room in my suitcase is pretty low.)  But overall he is doing well!  Love that kid.

now:
Sorella O'Connor
serves in Italy

Elder John Dunn and Elder Dylan Johnson  
serve in Peru 
then:
Paige, Dylan, Katelyn - Dance Festival (circa '08?)

Paige and John - neighbors (circa '97?)


Okay, a Justin Beiber song came on in the Taco Bell on the Fourth of July annnd I listened a little bit. oops. il pentimento e per tutti right?  ("there is repentance for all")

We haven't met our mission president yet, but we do tomorrow!  They are going to bring us mail too! Don't try and guess what I'm most excited for;  you'll be disappointed. 

I just really hope Pres. likes me and keeps me with Sorella Astel another transfer, because then we'll have spent six months of our mission together & also my birthday! (August 29th)  hollllla 

I had a dream Mom was best friends with Sister Hunter's mom.  Sister Hunter and I compare mom notes and they are on the same level. hahahahahaha

playing dead
Oh so I started doing this new thing (missionaries are so weird).  I've acquired a new quirk where whenever someone brings out another food course or it's just too hot or I get 6 new spider bites that night... I pretend to cut all my main arteries and die and then someone has to come close my eyes. 

(The making someone close my eyes part isn't all that new--I did that before the mission.) But the members think it's HILARIOUS!  Sister Pearce, on the other hand, well.... hahahah

(This is Paige pre-mission practicing her "movie dead face."
I believe this scene is from Hunger Games after she eats Nightlock)


But the work is going really well! 

Love you long time & ciao for now, 

Sorella Paige O'Connor

P.S.  OH also all our sweet little members went to the temple last week in Switzerland and put our names on the prayer roll!  cute, huh? They're the best.

(Email Sent - July 10, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment