Monday, July 8, 2013

Homeland


To Dad:

It's actually going very well missionary work wise!  We had the best numbers in our district this week, but numbers aren't important, hahaha...but if they were... we would win.  

The language is coming really fast which is good.  Our grammer is poco a poco but people understand us.  Also we teach a lot of Africans, so they speak very simple English and Twi (dialect from Ghana). 

We watched the broadcast!  It was AWESOME (ha I'm such a missionary).  But seriously. 

Heck yeah, the members are supposed to do ALL the finding!  That way 19-year-old girls don't have to wander through parks where Romanian men try to kidnap me, hahaaa, I mean them.  

Seriously I will be such a good tweeting missionary; I'm sure of it.  We'll see how long it takes for the good stuff to get over to Italia!  But seriously, we are stoked on it. 

Do missionary work.  You will be blessed per eternita! 

Awww Dad I love ya. keep up the good work! ciao ciao baci baci


To Mom:

We haven't heard from our new mission president yet, but we are moving Friday!  I'm so excited because we will be in centro (downtown) and closer to church, sono grata.  But that also means I have to paaackkk so that stinks.

america
Paige in CA 2012

Tomorrow is Fourth of July and I'm going back to my homeland:

the American base.

close enough right? but seriously I'm going to have Hot Cheetos and not feel bad about it.  probs even a root beer and a cheese burger! (the things you miss about America).  Seriously America is great.

referrals or setups?
But this week was funny.  We got so many referrals!  But they turned out to be dates, so that was awkward.  We got a call from a random guy, and because we don't understand Italian we just set up an appointment with him (obviously right?).  

But then when we got to centro, he took us to the bar (not the same as an American bar) and he ordered us sparkilng water.  He said, 

"Yeah the family you talked to in the park gave me your phone number and told me you were pretty!"

 But we taught him a lesson and he turned out to be Muslim, so there's thaattt.  

Then one of our simps brought her cousin to a lesson to meet us, and it was weird.  I'm pretty sure it's the language barrier, haha, I don't even know!   

Also Sorella Astel and I both got our first marriage proposal!  hated it.  literally it was awful. hahahah but I'm over it.  

That's why the broadcast talks about the members doing the finding and the missionaries doing the teaching! It's seriously the best way.

green card
Sorella Astel and I had to sit through a five-hour culture class this week, and we get to go back tmrw for an hour and a half more (Happy Fourth of July) but after that we can get our permesso! (green card) hollllaaaaa

So I got this bug bite.. and I'm pretty sure it's eating my leg off, but that's normal right?

Our bikes broke.

Well someone just slashed our tires. mean huh?!  So we are back on foot until I can find a bike shop!

surprise
So last Wednesday our English class threw us a surprise party!  I was so confused.  We were in church waiting for everyone to come when a lady ran in frantically and was like,

 "You have to get in my car! " 

So we did, obviously, because we are missionaries, and she took us to a pizzaria where our whole English class and half the Italian ward were waiting for us and made us eat a lot of pizza!  Then they gave us lots of presents. 

But when I say presents, I mean food.  Literally they gave us 6,000 grams of pasta, nutella, pizza dough, ragu, mozzarella, Nesquick.  Seriously so much stuff and these cool pens.  I don't know.  I'm still confused as to why.

Ew, I had the grossest meal yesterday. I still feel nauseous thinking about it.  ONE of the appetizers was a stuffed tomato with baby shrimp and fry sauce. literally I can't do it. ahah anyways.

meanwhile...back at home
ALSO, an exerpt from my email from Marielle last week: 

"This week Joe went to answer the door and I hear 'Babe, Paige's people are here!' So we let them come in and I made them pray for you. It was nice because I know you're out there doing similar things."  cool huh?!

Paige and Marielle Jan. 2013

Also one of the young adults got called to Scotland this week! and he leaves on the 25th!  That's where Wyatt Clement got called to, right?  They should be friends.
Elder Clement


Hey Mom, you're great. I got mad love for ya.

I'll see you soon then (too soon to start saying that?)
anyways, xox sorella p oconnor


(Email Sent - July 3, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment