Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tanti Auguri

the rundown
As you can tell, I spent most of my email time sending pictures... so brace with me as I give you a quick rundown of the week. 

Last week we went to Milano literally 5 days in a row & it was awful.  I love Milano but traveling makes you soooo tired. I was a zombie. 

I did a scambio in Pavia with a greenie Wednesday after pday until Thursday afternoon... Then we had FHE in church with the de Simone family and the elders.  

birthday
On Friday the 29th of August Sorella Condie blew up a million balloons and confettied our apartment and made me hash browns from real potatoes and zucc and eggs.. with juice.. 

We were in a rush to get ready because we had to catch a train into Milano for leadership council.. It was so fun!!!  All my friends were there!  Even Anziano Chipman got space transferred the last three weeks of his mission to be ZL in TORINO! 

everyone from my MTC group at leadership council

anziani from my MTC district

My MTC district (missing Astel)

 But seriously, all my friends weere theerreee. 

leadership
Consiglio was in all Italian.  But it was fine because Anziano Tanner gave me a hint and was like, 

"You'll need to know what a 'catalyst' is..." 

in district meeting the week before so I had Sorella Grossarth (the greenie) tell me what a catalyst was.. 

Then I had Anziano Langlois (my district leader) translate it for me into Italian.. 

then I memorized it: "qualcosa che abbassa l'energia necessaria per fare una reazione."  

Then when they asked what it was in consiglio, I gracefully raised my hand and SCHOOLED everyone. 

President said, (quote) "and she even knew it in Italian." (end quote)  Someone asked me if I was a chem major hahahah. #whattheydontknowwonthurtthem

Then everyone sang to me and I turned red.
Then we hit up the bar.

& got a brioche.

pampered
Then we went back to Pavia & went to the hospital to see Valentina & she painted my nails 


finished product

Having fun with the balloons Mom sent.  She was so happy.


and played the acoustic version of Beyonce singing halo in the hospital because she knows it's my fav.



a good scare
Then on our way home we were walking down the tiny alleyway to our house and I turn the corner and there is this African man hiding in a stoop with a guy in a white shirt and they jump out at us!!! 

Literally scared me half to death.  

But it was just Nelson and Anziano Salmon.  I looked back and saw the other two elders run across the street and Anziano Taylor walks out of a bush. 




They planned a surprise party for me.. They really just wanted to scare us but whatever. 

They made a cake & Nelson bought me a rose. 




So we found some bike racks to sit on and ate cake while Nelson played "The Spirit of God" from lds. org on his tablet until he got tired of it and started jamming to African tribal music... It was so much fun. 



"well fit birds"


Also Anziano Salmon made me a plastic casket keychain with a cross on it and a piece of pasta in it to remind me of my mission out of moldable plastic.  (It's really big among the elders over here.. they love that stuff.) 

And then we went to bed and I was really tired the next day.

Monday we went on scambio and I went to Lodi with Slla. Gillespie!! 

baby Gillespie

 It was fun because she was in charge and I just got to be with my baby for the day. & now were done with SCAMBIOS forever. meno male.

Well those are the highlights of the week. 


"Fat Boy Qui"



I love Pavia and my companion and the members and the other missionaries. 

xx P

(Email Sent - September 3, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment