Monday, August 25, 2014

I'm Just a Diva

"I don't even know what to say anymore in my letters. 
We did missionary work. It was great. I love it. I am a range of emotions all the time." 

ditto Kait.

I got your letter yesterday! Also the one from BP (mom) which I always love.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of anything cool that happened. Everything is just normal.

We ate pizza and gelato, 
got hit on by lots of Romanians, 
danced in our huge apartment, 
laughed hard, cried a little, 
played pranks on the elders, got pranked on by the elders, 
taught lessons, comforted some sad hearts, 
prayed, 
burnt a pizza in the oven, 
broke into palazzi to leave sweet nothings in a mailbox, 
read my scriptures, went to church, 
chased after buses, 
taught the law of chastity, 
brushed my hair, 
walked the cobblestone that hurts my feet, 
got rained on, 
sweat badly while wearing grey (the worst), 
lead the music at a baptism (I'm so bad at it), 
our Piemonte pet Nick fanned me off with his Chinese fan, 
bought two types of frizzy water (happy accident), 
got lost, 
won in foosball, lost in foosball, 
figured out celebrity names for all the missionaries, 
tried to communicate in Spanish, told people my name in French, got yelled at in Korean, 
downed food we didn't want to eat, 
got in too late, 
bought 2 kilos of baby plums at the market for 1 euro, 
threw 1.5 kilos of baby plums away because they got moldy, 
people watched from the balcony while we made calls,
rode the metro, got yelled at on the tram, 
I got kissed on the face, and I kissed people's faces, 
Italian district meetings, 
scambios from Alessandria, 
bought train tickets, 
ran out of mission funds, 
took out my pepper spray, 
held hands with old ladies, 
opened doors, 
& translated in church from Italian to English in a weird Italian accent that I didn't know I had. 

We're just trying to do what's best. 


That's all I've got.

Love you long time, Sorella O'Connor

(Email Sent - July 23, 2014)


No comments:

Post a Comment