Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hot Showers and Mistaken Identity


HI! this week was... full of new experiences. hahah

Our hot water heater broke, and it rained\hailed all week! yay. But it's fine. I'm fine.  Don't you worry about me!  

two jobs
My companion has been such a saint through it all though-- always making sure I'm alive.  She says that her only jobs are to make sure I'm alive and that I don't get deported.  

I cannot confirm or deny me crying during my "shower," which consisted of two pots of boiling water and a sponge. hahahah. 

I PROMISE I'M FINE.  They fixed it yesterday, and my sweet compy helped me heat up the water. 

fake it like Aretha
We had a mixed zone conference with the Mestre and Verona zone yesterday, which was so fun.  Believe it or not, our apartment had a special musical number in front of everyone.  It's fine, I just mouthed the words at some parts.  

My lovely companion carried the entire group.  She has a voice comparable to Aretha Franklin (says one of our investigators) haha.  Really though, she's so good.  
MTC Buddies at Zone Conference - O'Connor, Gneiting, Astel

mistaken identity
A lot of missionaries thought I was Kaitlin.  (The fact that I'm in Italy doesn't stop that from happening.)  

But one missionary who mistook me at the first zone conference in Pordenone, came up to me and was like, "Hey Sister O'Connor, I think I saw your sister a few weeks ago at a conference!

and I was just like, "Nope, still me."  

He was embarrassed, hahah.  Elders are so funny.  I don't think he will make the mistake again.  

But before the conference, WE GOT LOST!  I'm so not mad about about it (even though I had to run and walk alot of stairs.)  Because when you're in Verona.. life is good.  It's so pretty! 

Lost in Verona

happy missionary
I got the Pureology yesterday!  It was literally sent from heaven.  So last night I took my first hot shower in a week and had good shampoo!  And now I'm a happy missionary.  I even got to have a pistaccio McFlurry (with no blood) for the train ride home! 

I imagine Steve and Karen's apartment is a lot like the one our senior missionaries have.  It seems like it from what you described of their apartment in Mallorca. 

The beach house looks the most beautiful out of all the pictures you sent. 

That reminds me! YOU HAVE TO TELL BISHOP... I found out that Pordenone area touches Austria and that one of our cities is like 80 percent German speaking and we have German grocery stores.  Ask him if he's ever had Master Crumble... It's probably after his time, hahaha, but so yummy.

We still have no bikes.

I'm starting to prefer not having bikes because we just take the bus everywhere and that is nice.  The buses in Pordenone are apparently super high class, hahah.  I don't know how that is.  

awkward
But now I'm starting to know the people who take the buses at certain times. There is this one handicapped man who has no teeth and is in a wheelchair that pulled my compy in for a real nice baci (kiss) and then started to roll over to me.  All I could say was, "Sono timida" while giggling, because I'm a missionary and I giggle in awkward situations. 

families
As for missionary work, we are teaching the coolest people!  This family we met Monday are quality.   The wife is a cute, blonde Italian who looks like Ellie Goulding and is a DJ.  Her husband is tall and African, and they have a two-week-old baby girl.   I love that family.  Our power couple with the two girls are also doing great!  

The work is really moving forward.  Everyone is super solid and I love them all.

small world
I was talking to someone in our military ward on Sunday from Heber, and he was telling me all the cool things about Red Ledges (where our family is building a cabin).   Better start working on it Dad!  Another brother was talking to me all about Moreno Valley because he used to serve at March Air Force base.  Weird right?  Small world.  

Also the families in the military ward are literally angels.  They know we can't make it to dinner appointments in the evening, so this perfect family made us frozen dinners to take home and our favorite snacks... that was a miracle. 

I'm surviving. 

With love, from the smelly internet cafe inside very wet Pordenone, 
Sorella Paige OConnor. 

My Beautiful City - Pordenone



No comments:

Post a Comment