Sunday, June 9, 2013

La Settimana di Crisi


crisis
It's Week Five of my first transfer. That means I'm senior companion for a week, and it's AWFUL! hahaha  

It's so hard being senior companion, and I've cried every day, and it's barely Wednesday.  

But Sister Pearce is a gem like always and just laughs at me when I "vado in crisi," (which reminds me of home).  But this time I'm on the other side of the bathroom door. karma. hahaha 

hard things
But yesterday when I was stressing out about having to talk on the phone in Italian and figure out bus times and things, she sat me down and had me read a talk her brother gave at some BYU thing and it started with... "I can do hard things."  

Whatever, it was perfect. My companion is just literally perfect.  She reminds me a lot of Mom; is that weird?
Paige and Sorella Pearce
lost
Oh so we got lost in Budioa which is like a 40-minute bus ride out of Pordenone, and it's beautiful.  But it was raining, so that was not beautiful.  And we had to be home in two hours.  And there were no more buses that day.  Perfect right?  

found
Anyways we called a member in the American ward to help us.  She picked us up, drove us home, and on the way took us to Lidl to pick out our favorite 10 things each.  It was such a miracle.  So then I was thinking.. everyone should be like Sister P.  She's literally fantastic.

scambi
We had our first SCAMBI (missionary exchange) this week as well. that. was. a new experience. hahah  No, it was good!  I was with a sister in her last transfer, so I was just trying to soak up as much information as possible.  She's so cute and smart.

I also taught Gospel Principles in the American ward while Sister Pearce taught it in the Italian ward. We're allowed to do that as long as I have a fake companion and she does too.

extra mayo
You will never guess what happened to me.  So we were at my favorite Italian member's house for a ghans (YSA) activity, but it was just our coppia (companionship) and our awesome investigator and their family.   

So it was super low key and we were eating pasta.  Suddenly the dad starts talking to me in Italian, so I'm just smiling and saying, "Si, Si, Si"  like always.  Then he starts putting MAYONNAISE all over my pasta!!  all over my perfectly good pasta! and made me eat it!  

It was really funny apparently to everyone else. ha. Anyways I still love them, but I can never look at mayo in the same way.


venice
We went to Venice for Pday today, and it was perfect!  Couldn't be more cute and charming.  







The shopping is to die for, but I'm a missionary so i just kept walking.  Start saving Dad. 


healthy appetite
Ugh! I don't want to get fat.  It's terrible when they give you 20 euro for the whole week's food and pasta is .35 and apples are 6 euro.  It's even worse because I know how to eat healthy, but I literally can't afford it.  WHAT DO I DO?

I love being a missionary.  I love teaching the people here.

Sorella Paige O'Connor

(Email Sent - June 5, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment