Sunday, May 19, 2013

Taco Bell Blasty and other Good Things


Ciao Bella/o!

This week was good!  Sorry I cried on Skype, hahah, missions will do that to you.  It's really not that hard, but I'm thankful for your prayers.

So don't tell Kaitlin, but we set another baptismal date!  

don't be scared
This man from Ethiopia was following us and stopped us (I was scared but Sorella Pearce is a champ).  She gave him a card with our number and then he texted us about wanting to read "our book."  

I was afraid of him, so Sorella Pearce said, "If he really wants one, he has to come to church to get it." 

 Long story short, he comes to church after district meeting when the anziani from Udine were there to look scary (haha they are not scary elders), and it was actually really spiritual and he is preparing to be baptised on the 8th of June!  

I feel bad for being scared of him.  

Also, we teach him in English and it's really hard for Sorella Pearce to translate the lessons back into English.  Her First Vision lesson in English was entertaining, hahah.  We are both just having such a good time.

like riding a bike
So we still only have three bikes and four sisters.  I can't accurately describe the things that happen on those bikes.  

Like the day when three sisters rode bikes and we traded off being the one to run along side (with our helmet still on) in the rain. hahah.  I also ran straight into a dumpster.  It was unavoidable.  I don't know how Sorella Pearce got through it without a scratch!  

Also, one of our bikes is a man's style bike which means it is definitely not made for sisters wearing skirts.  Sorella Pearce was a gem and took it home from church but literally could not stop because the bike is 4 inches too tall.  

Watching her jump and start to pedal in a skirt truly is a sight to be seen.  I took a wrong turn that day but it's fine.


(Note: Here is a video from our Mother's Day Skype session that shows Paige telling Kaitlin about riding the bikes.  Sorry the audio is too quiet, but it is still funny to watch Paige tell the story.)  

Here is the basic dialog:

P-"And we're like, okay one sister can ride on the back. And, like, she can just sit there. And so Sister Pearce is ready to go and there is a sister on the back, but it was heavy and going from side-to-side.  So we decide every two bus stops and we'll switch and relay.

And so there are three sisters on bikes and one sister running up the street next to the bikes.  And then every two bus stops we switch.  So there is one sister jumping off the bike and running with the bike and the other sister is getting on.  And it took us so long to get to the church."

K - "Why didn't you just all walk?"
P - "Because we had to be there at a specific time."
K- "Ohhh..."

any volunteers?
Sorella Pearce has volunteered us to sing a song at the baptism on Saturday. in Italian.  I literally have no idea how this is going to turn out. hahaha.  It's payback because I volunteered her for some embarassing things last Saturday.

shopping like an american 
I love our American ward!  A member took us on base today and took us grocery  shopping.  I literally spent every single American dollar I had.  But we now have all our favorite things, food and living wise.  

I have really missed American laundry soap. (Mom, they had Seventh Generation!) and there was no tax!   I bought salt and vinegar chips. oops.  

And then for lunch... she took us to TACO BELL!  They have one on base and I got a "blasty"
--  talk about miracles.  


(I'm not wearing a name tag on base because it's not allowed! It's weird.)


Yesterday, we went to a member's house in the American ward and she is the coolest.  She has the most beautiful house with the best view of Italy.  I was in love.  I'm taking pictures next time. 

I told you this, but I don't want you to forget that I taught Gospel Doctrine (not Gospel Principles) in the Italian ward on Sunday. In the Italian language. hahahaha

This is our beautiful church.  I love it.


We get our new apartment soon! 

My favorite gelato in Italy is pistachio and sweet cream. mmmm. Get that Mom and Dad!
Also I won't be mad if you buy me something when you are in Italy and just save it for me when I get back.  I'm a 39 in european shoe size.  

love you! 

With love from the sketchiest internet cafe in the world, 
Sorella Paige O'Connor

(Email Sent - May 15, 2013)



No comments:

Post a Comment