Sunday, May 19, 2013

In ITALY!! First stop - Pordenone

Hello!! 

I am in Pordenone! 

My trainer is Sorella Pearce from Provo, Utah and she is a gem! 

OK so good news! I love it here! It is so Italian.  It's like the Italian version of Los Altos, just more humid.  It's so green!  More vibrant though.  And I can see the Swiss Alps, which I love. 



So we arrived in Milan and it was wonderful, I ate pizza and gelato and got to go to the Duomo.  

That reminds me, I want you to picture four sisters and 12 bags using the Milan metro.. it was... interesting.

life is good in pordenone
But the best part was finding out that I am LIVING with Sorella Astel!!  We share Pordenone!  Isn't that such a blessing?  We needed each other.  

Astel and her trainer.... one pizza each-- it's fine


Just a little about it here.  Pordenone has a military base! So there is an American ward where they speak English! (and also buy us American food like Oreos and peanut butter.)  

So we split the Italian ward and our companionship gets the American ward.  We are covering two wards, which is interesting.. the hardest part is switching between Italian and English.  We also have a senior missionary couple, which is such a blessing.  They are awesome.  

pinkwash
But the four of us are new to Pordenone and we kicked out the elders.  I think its called a "pinkwash" hahah, but we had to do some major damage control to the apartment.  Elders don'like to throw things away.  

I also broke my closet with all my clothes.  

But we are getting a new apartment soon which is so beautiful!  I have the best view of the city and we will soon have two bathrooms!  The bathroom we have now has its own Italian charm (not complaining).  

I'm in love.  People here are pretty affluent but are still very kind to me when I contact.  The people of Pordenone are lovely.  

Our investigators are so ready!  I set my first baptism yesturday!  Her name is Sara and she's so cute.  She's 19 and has cousins who live in SLC, and she went to visit them and got on the internet and said, "Send the missionaries to me!"  She is super cool.  The 25th is her special day!

Happy birthday Dad!!!!  For your birthday we cleaned the apartment, 
went to a baptism, 


taught a lesson and I got gelato and fruit from the outside market.  

Also they have Coke products here. 

 I love Italy! 

I still don't know Italian, but my trainer is very good.  Sorella Astel and i just laugh at ourselves.  We can't believe we are together.  hahaha it's so, so fun!  Ahh!  We have the most beautiful church!  It's wonderful. There is even carpet, which our trainers were excited about.

So this Pday is for organizing, but we are in the Mestre Zone which means we can go to Venice for Pday (score).  

Like I can't even put into words how much I love being a missionary.  It's so so hard, and I miss you all.  But it's going to be so good. 

Oh, hahah funny story.  So the sorelle with our 12 bags coming to Pordenone was funny, but the anziani going to their zone were helping us unload our bags and the train left without them!  Poor Anziano Pagano left everything he had--all his luggage--on the train.  hahah. Okay, maybe it's not funny but he found his stuff eventually. 

Oh we were sharing bikes and a phone up until yesturday.  We don't have four bikes yet, but we will hahah.  I walk alot.  I'm excited to know my way around and learn Italian.  We get lost, but always a member seems to find us and tell us where we went wrong. hahaha 

I love Italy and the Italians.  Also the people from Ghana are nice because they speak English.

The bishop in our AMERICAN ward has a 6-year-old daughter who speaks better Italian than me. We are not supposed to compare ourselves to other people, but reallllyyy... that's unfair.

Love, Paige

(Email Sent - May 8, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment