Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's A Girl!



Thank you kindly for all of your heart-felt prayers this week.

Sorella McPeek got transferred to Bergamo & I don't know who my new companion is yet because 

I'M TRAINING. 

yikes.  I need 1,000,000 extra prayers these next few transfers..

& this week was Valentine's Day!!!   Sorella McPeek had a hard day so I just bought her a pizza (like a whole one) 
e v e r y t i m e she started to cry.. we bought a few pizzas this week.

There's such a thing here as kebab and there's such a thing as pizza.  There is also such a thing as kebab pizza.  It would bloowww your mind & break mom's healthy heart.   We had one this week & I just.... well, it wasn't one of my proudest moments... 

kebab pizza and an overpriced Dr. Pepper from 1976
diet starts now #yolo


valentine's day love
But there was also a baptism on Valentine's Day which was awesome.. 


Agata is really terrified of the water so she had both of the anziani stand in the font with her and one said the prayer and the other stood behind her to catch her when she went back..  

The whole time she was in the water she was whispering, 

"Oh Dio, Oh Dio Padre Celeste aiuto aiuto"  It was so sweeeet. 
(translation:  "Oh God, Oh God Celestial Father, Help, Help!") 

look both ways
Also I almost killed Sorella McPeek this week... da vero. (for real)  To cross the street, you just walk into oncoming traffic and they stop for you.. except buses.  I ran.. she was a little slower.. & it really was a close call.. #yolo (literally)

ask god
In church this Sunday a member walked up to us and was like, 

"Io c'è un amico (I have a "friend") e lui ha una domanda (& he has a question) deve chidedere la Madonna o Gesù Cristo? (Should he have to ask Mary or Jesus?)   

I was just kind of confused... and thought "Really? Did that just happen?" So I said, "Chiedere a Dio.." (ask God)  It was so simple, but he was so happppyyy after. 

I had to give a talk in church not this week but last week.. They asked me 5 minutes before Sacrament Mtg. started so that's always a thrill.. But it's fine.  I wasn't even scared! 

baby girl sorella
I've been making predictions on who my trainee is going to be & I personally think she's either Austrailian or Chinese... But she's probably American, which will be fine too.  

I have scheduled soooooo many Italian things to do>=)  Next pday we're making fresh pasta with a member and I'm gonna take her to all the old crazy Italian ladies in the ward with oxygen tanks and cats..

 & I'm going to teach her to say funny things in Italian. 

& I talked to Bishop about her giving her testimony in church on Sunday... hahahah  >=) 

But I promise I'll play nice. 

off with her head
Also I found out to not wear tights in the winter is literally the worst thing you can do in Italy.  Evidently, you hhaavvvee to wait until Maggio (May) or the Italians will cut your head off or give you 15 pairs of tights the next Sunday... it's a real thing.

jacket on your legs... so warm at night

care package
I haven't gotten my package yet because I haven't been to Milan.  I'll get it tomorrow<3  My zone leader got transferred to the office, so I've got a solid in.  

I bought Sorella McPeek something for Valentine's Day last pday at H&M.  There is one connected to our grocery store. It's bad because it's so easy.  

exchange rate
And this week I have to buy 100 new undershirts and tights.. and a new shirt for tomorrow..  I found out I can pay in dollars there!  Like it runs my card through in USD.. But then I also found out that 50 euros equals 70 dollars then I was sad.

I now accept H&M gift cards from all my loved ones.. Soorryyy again Dad.. and I haven't even bought boots yet because I haven't found any I'm in love with.  I'm praying I'll get transferred to Florence so I can buy super cheap, super cute reallly, really Italian ones>=) black or brown?  

My life is so hard. 

I got Dad's thank you card.. & I loved it hahah.  It still made it to my apartment even with the wrong adresss on it! 

Sorella McPeek bought me this for Valentine's Day:

 


Then she knocked it over 
and I had to mop it all up. :(

(Email Sent - February 19, 2014)



No comments:

Post a Comment