Sunday, February 9, 2014

Email Strike Reprieve

side affects
This week was finnnee. I was really sick & had to call the mission wife for advice & she told me to take Benedryl. (I don't remember why & I don't remember what I had.. it was just awful).... 

NO ONE TOLD ME THAT MAKES YOU SLEEPY!  

So we're out in the rain (obbvviii) & I start feeling super crazy.  I'm trying to hash through whatever bug I've accumulated & I don't think I'm tired... I think I'm about to pass out hahahah.  

So I'm like, "Sorella Mcpeek, s o m e t h i n g i s w r o n g w i t h m e!!!"  

(I really thought something really bad was going to happen) but it turns out I was just sleepy, hahahh.  So they made me go home and sleep for 15 hours straight hahahah #YOLO #nonightlyplanning 

CP3 - real intent
We had an off-the-hook zone training.. seriously it was so good.  I usually don't like to talk about the good stuff (mostly because no one really cares that much & pearls before swine), buttt lemme just talk for a minute.  We watched this inspirational video hhaah about... wait for it... Chris Paul.. #cp3 


& then talked about desire and real intent, i.e. one of my favorite topics #sisterTpearceshoutout.  

It was so good.  

(foto cred:  Tara Pearce ;)

everyday
And then there were your everyday new missionaries who love to talk so excitedly about things you've heard a million times.  But they're so excited about it, so you just smile & pretend it's brand new doctrine.  

And then there was your everyday Anziano G who will speak any chance you give him ... & you get super disappointed when he reads all the scriptures because you want the Austrailian elder to read all the scriptures... everyone knows it sounds better coming out of his mouth (in an appropriate way).

And then there's your classiiicccc brand new zone leader's first zone conference ever with President, his wife, the assistants, and the office elders, & you're just crossing your fingers hoping he doesn't word vomit and say a stutter bad word (meno male this time it was his companion..)  

And then it was everyone just telling us how good we're doing (that neeevvveeerrr happennss).  But in the end, we're trying & this mission thing doesn't suck too bad. 

dressed in white
& I'm happy for CAROL!!!  Everyone looks good in white. 



I'm sorry you thought I was serious about the 1,000,000 baptisms here in Muggiò )= we only have one Brazilian, whom I love, si chiama Carmen and the other Anziani have a couple but hey.. we'll get there! 

Last week we went shopping at Zara and I bought 170 euros worth of things for 60 euro! whhaadddupppp?

So then I threw out some other of my clothes and Sorella McPeek took them and has worn something of mine every day this week... c'est la vie 

penpals
Also I feel like the office missionaries in Rome and I have this unspoken communication because I like to do cute things with Kaitlin's envelopes>=) and I know they see it when they sort the mail.  This week I addressed one of her letters "Bambola O'Connor" I feel like they'll get a kick out of that one.. 

Jeopardy
I really don't know what else to say other than I just remembered that at zone training we played Jeopardy.  Each district went around and competed with the other districts on practical information about things we should know

(example:  What's the phone number for the fire station? or When do you need to lock up your bike? or To whom belongs all the furniture in your apartment?)  

But our district ended up picking all the questions from the Finance and Promesso section AND WE WON!  hahahah.  Turns out all those finance books came in handy>=) #millionairenextdoor.  

all-or-nothing
But then in the all-or-nothing round we lost (thannkkk yoouuuu Anziano Chippmmaannn).  It turns out I don't like to lose in the all-or-nothing round.  

"WHAT THREE INGREDIENTS ARE IN A HOMEMADE REHYDRATION DRINK?"  Turns out the answer is NOT Water, sugar, and citic acid. hahahah. It's actually water sugar and salt.  We were just trying to think about what's in Gatoraid.. bad idea

Okay,  I'm out of things to say.. 

letters from 'merica
Don't cross me next zone training and just send me some actual mail.  Emails are fun too, it's just hard to write everyone back in 1 hour and 30 minutes.  We're just on the Lord's errand & sometimes we miss America.

xoxo Sorella, B Waldorf

P.S.  I miss feeling pretttttyyyyy 

water/man repellent
Also don't be alarmed, but the ward gave us waterproof ponchos with hoods and we use them. #manrepeller to the maxxxx.  You would be so dissapointed in me, hahah.   But actually we figured like you can't get annnyyy more embarassing than that, so it's a lot easier to walk up to people and talk about God. 


keep that
And there was this anziano who told us a miracle and said, 

"We were walking in the rain and this lady comes up to us, gives us her umbrella, and tells us her mom is a member in Napoli and that she wants to get baptized because of this dream she had.  It was such a great referral... to give to the sisters." 

:O 

I'm so sorrry  anziano, hahahahaha, but you can probs keep that umbrella. 

(Email Sent - February 5, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment