Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Have Mercy

So I got a text message this week saying that I have to pick up my new promesso... in VENEZIA. 

Whhhaattt?  I'm still trying to figure that out & I don't really want to go.  But it's fine.. I'll suffer through it somehow ;)  McPeek is mad because it's after transfers, and she thinks she's getting transferred.  So I might be going to Venice next week, nbd.  

Paige in Venice

be mine
This Valentine's Day we're having a baptism!  Well the anziani are, but she wants us to sing at it.  

I'm just like, "Laddyyy... I can't sing but I'll do whatever you want me to because you're cute."  

She's an old Italian lady who was what we call  "eternal investigators" because they are basically members and come to church and read and follow the commandments.  They are just afraid of commitment.. 

This lady isn't afraid of commitment, though hahah, she was just afraid of water.. lol but we're excited. 

mail strike
We had another zone conference and I didn't get mail again but it's fine.. I'm just coming to terms with it.  
sorelle at zone conference

We were late though because I had to do fingerprinting at the police station.. but we weren't too late because the super cute couple Ronald and Mariuxi (who are getting married in May so they can get baptized) had to do their fingerprinting at the same time.  

r.i.p. poncho
So they just drove us there after! but then Ronald took my poncho away!!!! and gave me his umbrella.. which was nice but it's like.... that's my poncho)= rip

They're so cute though.  We teach the girlfriend English and just chit chat about the wedding. She likes to make us food and look at magazines...  



travel plans
We saw my favorite Brazilian yesterday and she showed us SO MANY PICTURES of her when she was young in Brazil & I'm sold on going with Kait.  She said we can visit her at her house too because she wants to move back soon.  

She lives on an island.. whhaattt?  Like Bella and Edward honeymoon status island. #yolo.  Mom, you can come too.. Also I left my cashmere gloves at her house last time on accident & she washed them for me >=)

break-it-down
I had a breakdown in the rain the other day.. 


(Not really the look you're going for as a missionary.)

Okay not really a breakdown, but I realized I had gone kind of crazy when we were standing in the rain waiting for a bus at 8:30 at night and I was standing in a big puddle, wearing my poncho, explaining to Sorella McPeek the fundamentals of fly fishing, hahahah.  It happens.  



It sounds like you had so much fun in Idaho!  I'm suprised hahah.  I was thinking about you in the cold when I was in the cold.. meno male its not thhhaaatttt cold here.

Valentine's Day is weird here because it's after Saint Valentine so it's kind of like a Catholic holiday, hahaha.   But Catholics know how to party, so I'm not sad about it. 

myth buster

We had the beessttttt lunch on Sunday.. I don't know how to say it in English.. fresh pasta? hahah like she made it herself.. then salad & then meatballs. 

(myth:  Italians NEVER eat spaghetti WITH meatballs hahah always pasta first... then they change the plates and eat the meatballs after.. never together.. that's gross)  

Then we ALWAYS ALWAYS finish with fruit.. then we drink orzo>=)  (warm drink made of roasted barley)  We are super classy out here.  




But really, it was dreamy.  




These pictures are from her balcony.  Next week for pday she's going to teach me how to make homemade pasta. Whhaaddupppp? 

four greats
Anziano Tanner is the great great great great grandson (4xs great) of John Tanner. 

(John Tanner was wealthy church convert from 1830s whose donations saved the Kirtland Temple lands from repossession) and he went on a scambio with the Merate anziani.  

They told all the members ahead of time and they ALL gave him bread because of it... I thought it was funny.. like why bread? 

(Editor:  Because after giving up all his fortune to help the church, the prophet Joseph Smith promised John Tanner that his "children shall never again beg for bread."  Watch video:  Treasure in Heaven )

I really don't know what else to say other than AUGURI to Kait for hitting her year mark. 
Paige and Kaitlin saying goodbye February 6, 2013




I don't care if you don't want to party.. that's a big deal!  


(My fav Equadorian drink Tropicaallllll 
--this one is for Paula Garcia--
 It's soooo bad for you but soooo good>=) 
like a bottled ghetto Shirley Temple.)


Sorry you'll probs get transferred.  

Let's pray its not Napoli.... jk... but you know I'm serious... 


xxSorella Miley Cyrus

(Email Sent - February 12, 2014)


No comments:

Post a Comment