Sunday, September 22, 2013

Six Month Mark!

Mom,

I'M SORRY YOU'RE SICK!  It sucks, right? I was fine though.

I'm sooooo homesick this week!  Genova is soo hard!  but in a way different way than I thought!  We teach SO MUCH! & it's so good, but super taxing on my body & my brain, but it's finnee.

I miss my couch
There was a bus strike yesterday that made me want to kill someone.  I can't wait to drive a car again. and sit on a couch.  

I live with a sister missionary who's "dying" (going home) after this transfer and she makes me trunky. danng ittt

My favorite Scott quote from this week is the one about paper plates hahahah cause it's true!  (I wasn't feeling well, so the menfolk were on their own for dinner and ate on paper plates so they wouldn't have to do dishes. He apologized to me cause he thought I would be mad. ha

visitors
Oh gosh, I'm so embarrasseddd about the picture that lady sent.. I was on my way to the bathroom and we had to teach Gospel Principles (Is that what it's called in English?) that second and she was allllll "Let me take a picture of you for your parents."  

I was so frantic & gross.  (A tourist couple visiting Genova went to Paige's ward and sent pictures to me on Sunday.  I was happy to get them.  fun surprise.)



Genova is so old.

I'm a dog person but.. dogs don't belong on the bus!

We had district meeting this week and I hated it because we were the only sisters in the district and it was missing all my friends! 


I MISS SISTER HUNTER  (Sister Hunter's mom sent me emails from her daughter who was serving with Paige in Pordenone.  She told a story about how the girls heard gun shots outside their window and that "Sorella O'Connor hit the floor" and lay down flat and they were all screaming until their realized it was fireworks. haha)

gunfire and earthquakes
It's funny Sister Hunter told that story about the gun shots because when those fireworks were going off Sorella Astel was on the phone with Anz. Memmott and he was like, "WHATS GOING ONN!!?" and she was like, "WE ARE GETTING SHOT!" and then we figured out it was fireworks and it was embarrassing.   

(An alternative reaction to when you hear fireworks.
Plus, Paige looked just like this when she was little.)

So yesterday Sorella Lemos was on the phone with Anz. Memmott giving him a referral, and then the ground started shaking.   She was screaming (in her broken English), "Anziano, do you feel?  What is that?!  la terrrraaaa!" (the ground)  He just kept saying, "Do you feel what? What is that?!"  (There was a metro underneath us) and poor Anziano Memmott... he was so concerned for us hahahah.   

Anziano Memmott was like, "No, we are in church" and she just kept saying, "Well it's because its you on the terza piano (third floor), ma, we are on the terra" "it's a terramoto (earthquake) anziano, are you ok?!"  It was endearing.  So cute, the Sorella Lemos

makeovers
My Argentine companion thinks I'm ugly I think.. 

She has asked this week to: cut my hair, color my hair, do my make-up, braid my hair and PIERCE MY EARS... I mean I like my hair.. It's not ugly, right?!   I'm sleeping with one eye open.

See, remember when I said I hate cardigans.. I need some, but I hate shopping with companions.   Can you try and send some to my apartment?   It's getting chilly!  but reminds me of the beach house, so I don't hate it..  lovvveeee yoouuuuu 



un ano piu!!!!

one year left

(Email Sent - September 18, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment