Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week One - MTC Time Warp

Ciao everyone! The MTC is so ... weird.  I can't even put into words the time warp that happens while you're here. I don't even know what day it is!  Days go by like weeks and weeks go by like seconds.

I sent home a quick letter about my first day... but I'll recap, I was late to class (not suprising).  My teacher's name is Brother Merrell.   He knows Kaitlin and was so excited to see me.  I met my companion Sorella Bennett (she is a combination of Rowley on Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Mrs. Patmore on Downton Abbey - so sweet) and the rest of my district.


Sorella O'Connor and Sorella Bennett


We have three sorelle companionships and two anziani companionships.   We have Sorella Bennet (Alpine, UT) and me;  Sorella Astel (Idaho Falls) and Sorella Egbert (Salt Lake); Sorella Nef (San Jose) and Sorella Mckenna (Atlanta).   The elders are:  Anziani Padilla (Colorado Springs) ... Just like my sweet Jean Padilla!! ... and Anziano Burnham (Alpine); Anziano Gnetting (Las Vegas) and Anziano Miller (San Diego).  I LOVE MY DISTRICT.


Left Side = Rome Missionaries  Right Side = Milan Missionaries


I fell down the stairs my first day... all the way down... in my dress.  Right then I was wishing i had packed my first aid kit instead of having mom send it to me the next day.  I have bruises everywhere. hahah what can i do?

I saw Aimee right when I got there & started to cry (I don't even know why).  I saw her daily and love her so so much.  She was so ready to get into the field.

Everyone is singing Disney songs right now.. totes annoying.

We didn't get district leaders till two days in, so I didn't get letters or packages till Day Two or Three.. I don't remember.. but when we did, I got 8 letters & 4 packages!  Best Day Ever. 

The food here is weird but I make it work.  There is a wrap bar and everyday I just tell them to make me a wrap with no tortilla. Spinach salads with bean sprouts, black or kidney beans, green onions, olives and olive oil and vinegar.. it works..  Sometimes I just get tortillas with cheese and stick it in the microwave and have a quesadilla. They make us eat all the time!

Friday was the worst day, lets be honest.  But Sunday was great I LOVE SUNDAYS!

The MTC is nothing like I thought it would be.  We're kind of on our own all the time to fend for ourselves.  

Friday we taught our first investigator DAVIDE!!  I love him (in a missionary-appropriate way), so it was stressful because I do not know Italian; but we made it work.  It's hard because almost everyone in my district knows Italian or has some kind of backround learning of Italian except me, Atstel and Miller. 

Back to Davide... He totes knows Dallin!!  I was showing him my pictures and I have one of me, Aimee, Kaitlin and Dallin at the airport when he got home, and "Davide" flipped out because he knows Dallin and then realized he was supposed to be Davide.  It was funny.


Anyways, we teach him everyday and i just love him.  He kind of represents all the Italian people in my mind and I already love the Italian people SO MUCH!  Davide will always have a special place in my heart.

OH!  We are Brother Merrell's last district because he is GRADUATING in April.  I got a little emotional because I remembered how bad I wanted to hear Dad speak at commencement. (Way to go Dad!!) 

Anyways, he was excited to hear that he would see Dad because he taught both Kaitlin and I.  Brother Merrell is such a good teacher.


My Italian is "molto male" but I'm not stressing.  Some of the other missionaries get upset about learning it, and I think, "YOU ALREADY KNOW IT!"  but what can you do?  I just embrace my bad Italian.

Sad story!  So we've had to move classrooms THREE times in the past week (we have so many books).  But in the process of moving yesterday, I lost my Preach My Gospel, my Italian Preach My Gospel, my filtered water bottle, AND my Italian board displays (the book that teaches me how to make a sentence in Italian).  

I know how to pray, bear my testimony, and recite Joseph Smith's First Vision in Italian!




DAVIDE commited to baptism yesterday! but that means we get a new investigator )=

Anyways, I Love You!!

Send all my things separately, so I get more packages. bene? 

Maybe "Dear Elder" me what the weather is gonna be like? That part is the worst! I didn't even know it was gonna snow one day!   Send me a ton of "Dear Elders"  I want them. ( Mom was right, whatever.)  Anyways I gotta go!  

IN BOCCA AL LUPO!!!

(Email sent: March 28, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment