Sunday, April 14, 2013

Half-Way Mark in the MTC


So yesterday was my fourth Wednesday at the MTC (Missionary Training Center). weird.  I'm officially on the countdown to Italia! 

I don't really know Italian, but tomorrow is our 24-hour English "fast" -- ONLY ITALIAN!  I'm nervous about it.   I'll be using my hands most of the day, and I am just looking at it as a giant day of charades.  

My spelling in English has become very bad because everything in Italian is said how its spelled.  I apologize in advance. 

general conference
CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING.  I think is was fantastico!
I loved it all.  I think every talk was on missionary work, but that's probably because my ears are tuned to a different frequency here at the MTC with my black nametag.  


I loved all the talks and need you to send them to me!  In English and Italian.  Also the talk from the Young Women's Broadcast by our sweet President Uchtdorf.  It was molto bella.  grazie!



Thanks to Andrea's and Dad's care packages, we pigged out all weekend hahah.  The anziani eat SO MUCH!

Our Sunday devotional was Vocal Point and it was amazing.  Such a great end to conference.

But now all the 18-year-old elders are obsessed with making instrument noises with their mouths.  I'm not amused.

gym time
I played a game of basketball. hahahahhahaha

Like an actual game.  Sorella Astel and I and four other elders.  I just kept saying, "You guys don't understand; this is not something I do." 

It was me, Anziano Gneiting and Anziano Nicole against Sorella Astel, Anziano Miller, and Anziano Ostegar hahahah.  We don't keep score.  The elders aren't allowed to block the sisters and vice versa so it was funny.  I think we lost.  I'm not good, but Sorella Astel played in high school and Anziano Ostegar is just as bad as me, so it evened out hahah.

Anziano Gneiting just said that he thinks we won.

watch your language
funny story. 
Yesterday Sorella Astel swore so bad in Italian by accident.  I can't even say how bad it is what she said. hahah.  Fratello Jeter just literally fell on the floor laughing and yelling at us at the same time to never say what Sorella Astel said.  I cried laughing.


Also that reminds me.. I SLEPT TALKED IN ITALIAN!!!
I can't speak it awake but apparently I'm quite the proficient in my sleep :)

this week
This week I've gotten really good at scaring the other sorelle.  bunk beds make it way toooooo eassyyy.

That's so crazy about Grandma's house getting broken into!  I'm writing her a letter today, but hear me out.   Last week in the temple I put her name on the prayer roll and I didn't know why and then the same day she got robbed! weird!  I dont know.  All 3,000 missionaries in the MTC who went to the temple this week prayed for her though, so that has to count for something right?

I'm running out of things to say.  I feel like yesterday was p-day.

Oh we got new sisters in our room.  They're going to Washington so they will leave before we do. They're nice from what I've seen so far.

I got to move to a bottom bunk, so that's exciting. 


Tell Diana that missions change people.  I've started to prefer Diet Coke over Regular. WHO AM I?!

missing my babies
I miss Krew and Weston & I'm not even related to them.

Everyone else in my district loves to show off pictures of their nieces and nephews and I just show them pictures of Weston and Krew. haha I'm so weird.


Also thanks for my package Dad! but dont send me anymore treats! I need to be healthy now. You can send me healthy treats. 

(Email Sent:  April 11, 2013)



No comments:

Post a Comment