Friday, April 19, 2013

I Live It. I Love It.


I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
First:  Sorella Egbert is totally my Barbara (mom's college roomate). That's so crazy they're related. hahahah It matches so perfectly. I read that letter, and for a split second in my brain I was like, "I'm related to Sorella Egbert?!" and then I remembered the Barbara isn't actually related to me, she is not my aunt. hahah

Second:  Anz. G. knows ALL those people on that list you sent me. small world!

Third:  I HATE THE FOOD. I can't stand to eat another spinach & vinegar salad with a quesadilla.  I am so so excited to eat human food. I am also going to buy myself a giant fountain drink in the airport. Aren't I wild?

But, this week was so good!  I am so happy!  All the time.  It's crazy. THE CHURCH IS TRUE! 

Our Tuesday devotional was.... RICHARD G. SCOTT.  I love him with all my heart and soul. 


It was fantastic! You will never regret trying your hardest. Heavenly Father didn't put us on this earth to fail! 

spit it out
He gave me the best confidence in the language. I do not know Italian, but somehow it's been spitting out of my mouth more frequently. 

Last Friday we spoke Italian ALL day, kinda.  It was really really hard and I said some inappropriate things on accident but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. 


Thank you for my shoes. All the anziani in our ZONE caught me opening my package after dinner and trying them on outside of the post office and wearing them back to class. They all think they're super cute too.

that's what makes you beautiful
So on Sat, we had a substitute teacher Fratello Cena (translated in english: Brother Dinner) who is actually Italian! 

He said, in his suave way of speaking, that missions are fantastic because we're asked to give up the things we need the least (pride, selfishness, iphones, Kardashians, Nordstrom, etc.) to gain really beautiful attributes.  

Missions make us beautiful!  Everyone go on a mission.


travel plans
SO, we thought we got our travel plans. hahahhahah 

Our District Leader came in and said, "I have something very important.  BUT not everyone has theirs yet, so I don't want you to look at them until everyone gets it." 

We were so excited. We ran up and down the halls being excited and mad we couldn't open them.  


So someone (guess who?) not being able to wait (me) and opened it in the bathroom stall only to find out it was not my travel plans but a sweet note from our future mission president hahahah. 

hahahhaha. It's still funny. And makes those pictures even funnier.  

hahahaha.  So I do not have my travel plans yet.

teachers
I want to talk about my teachers. I LOVE THEM! 

We are Fratello Merrell's last district at the MTC. (He graduates next week!) and Fratello Jeter's first! (He just came home in December.)  They really are just the best. 

Yesturday Fratello Jeter came in to do "progressing investigator" (missionary role play), and he was just sad about school and tuition and rent and he had lost his debit card. Then in our lesson, he just was so happy to be there. 

He bore his testimony to the district about how much he loves our district and how he thinks he got the job not because he's the best teacher, but because the Lord knows he needed us. It was very sweet. 

And then I used all that emotion Fratello Jeter was feeling to commit "Sebastian" to baptism. hahahha Is that bad? 

I also commited Guisepe (Fratello Merrell) to baptism that day too! I was on a roll hahahah.

The rest of the district was "happy" for us, but they were jelly. 

ANYWAYS I was wondering if you could send me two ties from home to give to our teachers from our district.  I really feel like they need something to remember us by. 

I would love that other YSL tie I gave Scott that he doesnt wear. (Fratello Jeter has a major obsession with fashion, and I think he would appreciate it more that my 12-year-old brother.)  Dad can be in charge of picking out good ones. not expensive, just cool.


north and south
Also Fratello Jeter got into a little tiff with one of the TRC ladies... it was so funny.

This lady was from the south and Fratello Jeter served in the northern part of Italy.  The lady was making fun of his accent saying it was snooty. 

I can only imagine how bad Kaitlin and I are gonna make fun of each other for my classy northern accent and her hick southern one. hahahhah


gag me
During service this week I threw up. hahah  We had to clean the showers. Which is normally really fun! We wear funny boots and protective eyewear and then just squirt this firehose type thing all over and it squirts out bubbles. 

That part was fun. 

The not-so-fun part was cleaning the hair out of the drains, by hand. 

I had gloves on but. it. was. so. gross. literally 8 handfuls of long, wet hair with soap and other things intertwined. It was so nasty. 


I got the letter from Brittany.  I am so so so happy!  I got that letter and Ashley's wedding announcement the same day! best mail day ever. oh my!

Tell Diana that I've been craving Diet Coke and that makes me feel weird.

Anyways, the Church is true. ciao ciao 

This week in pictures:
Anziani imitating my pose


This is a portrait of me.
Sad, I know.

A welcome break from the MTC cafeteria

Thanks Dad!

A picture of me and Sorella Rossell.
 She's going to Rome but we get along well. 
She took a mission prep class from Kirk Christ. 
I hope with all my heart that Kaitlin serves with her.


(Email Sent: April 14, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment