Thursday, March 13, 2014

No Tights, Need Bikes

It's sunny, so I'm not wearing tights. YOLO

This week was nuts. soooo many miracles!  We taught the most lessons I've ever taught in Muggiò this week. 

& I went on a scambio with an Italian and I was so terrified.  Sometimes I hate scambios when I have to stay in my city..& it was so bad!! hahahah.  But so bad in a way I couldn't control, so it's okay.  

it's my job
We are still without bikes here & it's my job to find the bikes. 

BACKSTORY:  The day before we missed our bus and this woman pulls up next to us in her car and says (translation),"I saw you missed your bus!  Are you headed towards Monza (where we live)?" 

So obviously I say yes and get into the stranger's car.  (Sorry Mom.  Sometimes you just do it.)  We get talkinnngg and we're chit chatting.. and we tell her we're missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints..  

She asks us where our bikes and helmets are... 

bikes
So we tell her we don't actually have them because we are new... then (miracle) she tells us a lady in her palazzo is selling two bikes!  She gives us her number and calls us and tells us her neighbor wants 20 euro for them (SUPER CHEAP).  

She thinks that the lady stole them but we don't ask & don't tell..  

&&&& it turns out that she lives next to a member! like their doors are across the hall!  So she's obviously going to get baptized.. but most importantly we're about to get bikes..

So it's scambio time and the only time we can get the bikes is during our scambio.  I call the senior couple in charge of all that stuff and he gives me the green light on getting the bikes.. 

jk
We spend 45 minutes getting to the place and I'm looking at the bikes.. riding them around making sure they work, looking silly.. when the senior couple calls and tells us he's just gonna buy us new bikes and to not get them.  

So we awkwardly say no and have to leave them with a pass along card because we were gonna be late for Family Home Evening... But then no one came to Family Home Evening..  

Then the next day we saw Carmen, whom I love, & then got on a train back to Pavia (where the other sisters were).  We're at our train stop just waiting when we start talking to this laddyyy and then we get on the train and keep talking to her... 



wrong way
We give her a Book of Mormon & say a prayer with her when we notice that we're in LODI! and we took the wrong train with her without even noticing until we got to Lodi.... 


Sorella and I have to get back to Muggiò by 6:00 because we have a baptismal interview with Kiara and the district leader is coming from Merate and we have to open the church.. so I'm starting to stress out.. 

sorted
I call the anziani and make sure they can open the church for them and they're nice and say yes.. but then Kiara's mom called and said that her husband took the car and they can't get there... so I start freaking out 

& I'm still in Lodi with Sorella Palumbo (maybe Kait's comps knows her; she's from Palermo) and I have no control.  So I call everyone!!! literally everyone. and no one will do it because its Feste Della Donna.. but we figured it out eventually & it was stressful & I've got Sorella G back... 

she took pictures...


Also it's still sunny.. and I never want to wear tights again. (=

President said that we can't wear sandals this summer and I want to kill myself. :(


(Email Sent - March 12, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment